Latest post Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:26 PM by Brian Shephard. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:51 PM

Dongle issue

Hi everyone,

I have an old version of MC lying around that I would like to put to use.  The last version the dongle was licensed for was 2.6 and it was running on a PC.  I would like to use this version on a new Macbook Pro for some basic rough cutting.  When I install 2.6.4, attach the dongle and start the program, I get the message "No dongle was found. Please connect a valid dongle to this computer to ensure proper operation."  Neither Dongle Dumper nor Dongle Updater recognizes it either.  Is it possible to run MC 2.6.4 on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.5.8?  How can I get the laptop to recognize the dongle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Brian

Avid Media Composer 7.03 Nitris DX 2 x 2.8 Ghz Mac Pro, 14 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:56 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Dongle issue

You would need to upgrade your MC software. 2.6.x was not qualifed for any version of the leopard OS.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:01 PM In reply to

Ah...of course.  Do you know what they upgrade prices are now (I don't have assurance).  I know it used to be $1k.  Is that still the case?

Avid Media Composer 7.03 Nitris DX 2 x 2.8 Ghz Mac Pro, 14 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:10 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

No,  No. The upgrade price for you would be $395 (Download only. $495 physical shipping version). See this post.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:19 PM In reply to

Not sure the HP 8000 will handle MC4. But should be able to have MC4 on the Mac and still run existing on the PC or maybe just upgrade the software on the HP to MC 3.0 as the Macs MC4 dongle upgrade should cover that.

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:22 PM In reply to

Sorry, I need to change my specs.  I'm not on the 8000 anymore.  I'm editing on a Mac Pro and MacBook Pro only.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:26 PM In reply to

Thanks BLKDOG.  That's what I'll do.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller