Latest post Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:55 PM by BLKDOG. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:26 PM

• t_palm48
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 30 2009
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Problems with new software. Any help?

Hiya I'm pretty new to Avid Media Composer and recently purchased an Academic version for the Mac. Unfortunately though, when I open it, it gives me this 'Bug' message:

Assertion failed: len > 0 File: /Snapshots/releng.relengintel7_1235181834/vobs/coresw/core/Projects/Mac/ ../ ../src/filesys/AMacFileSystemObject.c, Line: 1230

Firstly does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? I am not a computer whizz (I am just a university editor) lol so may need to be talked through it unfortunately. If I then close Avid, it often gives me this:

“Bus Error” in thread “MainThread”, at address 0x0

I am also unaware of what this is and how it affects the running of the software. Finally, even though I have many media files such as .mp4 on my hard-drive, "Avid" does not seem to recognise this and will not let me import any of these clips, saying instead that none exist on my drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to get to grips with this software for my courseand currently it is not allowing me to do so.

• Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:55 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Problems with new software. Any help?

Hi There and welcome to the forums!

This is usually a result of something plugged into the MAc. Could be a problem with the drives or some other peripheral. What do you have attached? If it's just the drives, unplug them and see if you still get the error when launching.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:16 PM In reply to

• t_palm48
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 30 2009
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Hiya, unfortunately there is nothing but the internet cable plugged into the Mac at the moment, which I have now tried unplugging too to no effect (obviously it seems I will try anything lol). I recently attempted to uninstall and reinstall Avid but it still persisted to give me the same "Error Report" :S I have tried before to attach an external hard drive in order to save the project file to that location but it gives me the error regardless of attached drives.....

Thanks

• Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:53 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Ok, then we have to check that you are launching the application from either a shortcut on the desktop/dock or from the application in the applications folder. The actual application cannot be on the desktop.

Also, the Project file needs to be in the Avid Projects folder inside the Shared folder...is it?

If you have any Avid Media Files folders in your internal HD, and you are not using the media in them yet, please trash them and allow the system to remake them.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:55 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Also...is this Snow Leopard?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller