Latest post Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:20 PM by Mediaformae. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:04 PM

• Mediaformae
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 20 2009
    • Braga, Portugal
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Export quicktime stops at 1/3

Hello!

I've searched the forum for hours before I made this post so If I'm posting e recurring issue I apologize.

I've been trying to export e very small video of 12 minutes using quicktime.

Strangely at aproximately 1/3 of progress the counter keeps on going, biut the estimated time dissapears along with the estimated time. I tried to push overnight and It was still in 1/3.

Supposing it would be due to low disk space I've made security copies of other files, both form the boot drive and the media drive to an axternal drive.

However, the export still reaches only 1/3, whatver the format I export to. DV-PAL, Quicktime Same as Source, Quicktime quarter resolution with several codecs (H.264...), and diminishing bit rates.

From one day to another I'm simply unable to export.

The worst is that I got quite a few works already finished in de media drive.

How do I get out of this one?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Mac OS 10.6.8 Media Composer Software 4.0.5 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz / 4GB RAM / 250 HDD internal system drive / LaCie 1TB HDD external media drive... [view my complete system specs]

Miguel Cunha

Mediaformae

www.linkedin.com/in/mediaformae

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: Export quicktime stops at 1/3

MC 3.0 is not supported on 10.5.8 and is not certified to run with QT 7.6. And yes, this is the type of things that tend to get screwed up when you don't stick to approved combinations of MC, OS and QT versions.

Check the version matrix for details.

Either backrev the iMac (complicated) or upgrade your MC version to 4.x

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:12 PM In reply to

Are you really on 3.0?  According to the Version Matrix, you should be on OS 10.5.3 and QT 7.4.5.

The higher versions of both *could* be your problem.  But if it's worked recently, you might have bad media.

Try exporting the first 25% and see if that works.  Or the last half.  If it does, it might be a problem with a particular piece of media in your timeline.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:13 PM In reply to

Job is a bit faster typist than I am.  :)

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:20 PM In reply to

• Mediaformae
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 20 2009
    • Braga, Portugal
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Thanks Guys.

I'Ve had no problemas whatsoever in the past, but I'll check the versions and yes it's MC 3. I myself crossed my fingers when I installed it, but it has been working smoothly, for over a year - in fact until 2 days ago.

I'll also try Kevin's suggestion, since it's onley a 12 minute video due for... yesterday...

After that I'll comeback to this thread to tell what happened.

Most welcome

Miguel

Mac OS 10.6.8 Media Composer Software 4.0.5 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz / 4GB RAM / 250 HDD internal system drive / LaCie 1TB HDD external media drive... [view my complete system specs]

Miguel Cunha

Mediaformae

www.linkedin.com/in/mediaformae

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller