Latest post Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:43 AM by Igor Ridanovic. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 2 2009 10:18 AM

• john-dev
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 2 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Metafuze, Singleframesequence with alpha

Hello,

i am working for a postproduction in Germany.

Since we use a lot of singleframesequences (*.tiff) with alpha channel, we would like to use Metafuze(2) to import all of these sequences.

Unfortionatly we couldn't find a possibility to tell Metafuze to use an alpha channel, nor to invert it.

Are there any ideas where i could find this option?

Thanks,

John

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Metafuze, Singleframesequence with alpha

I can't confirm nor deny MetaFuze understands alpha channel because I never tried running files with alpha channel.

There is a workaround though. You could use Photoshop or some other application to extract the alpha chanel and place save it as RGB files. You'd end up with a matching tiff sequence that contains your matte.

You can also import tiff files with alpha straight into Media Composer although this would take longer than using MetaFuze.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:22 AM In reply to

• john-dev
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 2 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hello,

thanks for the fast reply.

At the moment we import the *.tiff sequences using Avid's import "feature". As we all know that takes a long time since it has to import the sequence 4 times. Further you have to import the sequences each by each. Doesn't make me happy, i see 43 sequences on my hdd that have to be imported.

Using external RGB file's as matte would be a workaroung though, but how to tell our customers they have to deliver everything twice..? :-)

Since Avid creates 4 MXF files for alpha clips, it could be possible to use MetaFuze to do that too, of course there is still missing a button in the MediaTool to tell it to create Alphaclips.

Looks like up to now, we have to use the old way..

Maybe in the future..

Thanks,

John

• Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:43 AM In reply to

It's actually not that easy to implement alpha support in MetaFuze because of the way Media Composer deals with alpha. It would require MetaFuze to generate additional elements like Avid bins. There are other ways of achieving this but none are simple.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller