Latest post Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:44 PM by Larry Rubin. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:20 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Tutorial: Importing Images into MC and keeping their sharpness

lasssman:

"Back here in MC I'll open the largest of the shrine picutres I prepared in Photoshop ...."

How easily that rolls of the tongue! How lost I am in understanding how you did that! I have looked at "importing" stills (they come in as video clips the way I have done it) and they do not show up with a ".jpg" name in the monitors.

Lasssman,

I agree it is a bit fuzzy at that point!

However I was thinking that anyone watching the tutorial might have already watched two of my earlier tutorials

BCC Pan & Zoom (from about 1:28 on the timeline)
    http://community.avid.com/forums/p/68766/384566.aspx#384566

and
    Avid Pan & Zoom from about 3:28 on the timeline  http://community.avid.com/forums/p/68707/384290.aspx#384290

Hope that helps you

Regards
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, May 24 2010 10:38 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

there is talk of importing still image jpegs, & someone put a link to this page, BUT im supprised that no one has mentioned the Moving Picture Plugin this works the BEST forget importing, forget Pan & Zoom, this plugin does eveythin you need!!!!! no need to resize/reformat in photoshop no need to change coulor space of your image, & Moving Picture has some good motion controls & is keyframable and it maintains FULL QUALITY of your souce jpeg/image this is the way it should be! I love MC but this is a little thing that should be fixed in future realeases!!!!!!!!!!

• Mon, May 24 2010 10:43 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

upon posting my other post I found this!:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/4679/25397.aspx#25397

• Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:41 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    ... But if you do want to actually import and create a media file, in the import options choose "do not re-size image", RGB for color space and "ordered for current format" for file field order, not either even or odd fields first. If no alpha channel, "ignore".

Larry, thanks for the settings list. One thing that people might not want to always choose, IIUC, is RGB color levels. IIUC, importing with RGB color levels causes a remap of the source color levels to 16-235, and that's not always desirable.

It seems to me that Avid's own color management descriptions were written from a broadcast perspective.

I hope that what I wrote above is accurate and a useful observation.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:44 PM In reply to

BobbyMurcerFan:

It seems to me that Avid's own color management descriptions were written from a broadcast perspective.

That is correct, they were. And since I work in broadcast, my recommendations are based on obtaining the best image for broadcast signal levels.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller