Latest post Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:35 AM by Steven Lewis Simpson. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:35 AM

AVID DVD FOOTAGE PAUSES AT CHAPTER POINT

I have a bizarre problem with DVD's I'm creating using AVID DVD 5.7. When I play back the disks it has been pausing the footage for about a second when it passes over one of the chapter points in the film. It's a single layer DVD-R so no layer issues and there were 18 chapters and it was doing it only on the 7th chapter till I moved the chapter point then it might do it on the 8th point. I even deleted the movie file and relayed the movie and chapters from scratch and it still did it. this is on different points of the movie but always where a chapter point is around the middle of the film. It doesn't happen when there are no chapter points. When I scroll back through the point on the dvd player it comes up momentarily with the symbol of a red circle with a diagonal line through it as if the disc can't be accessed for that moment. Now when played on a DVD drive on my laptop the pause doesn't happen but it's done it consistently on a DVD player and a playstation also.

It is on an XP system. I am going mad over this as it is one of a huge catalogue of problems I've had with Avid DVD, which is simply the most problematic software I have ever used. Please help if you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Lenovo Thinkpad W530 24GB QUADRO 2000 Symphony 8.3 win 7 64bit pro & Toshiba Portage Laptop i5 8gig ram. Media Composer 8.3 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller