Latest post Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:30 PM by OnlinePostProduction. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:12 PM

FCP Access on Avid's Unity

Hi,

We are looking to purchase a used 4TB Unity, I've heard that Avid have just allowed FCP access on their Unity's. Is there a particular model of hardware or software this will work on or is it availible on all Unitys? Sadly I don't have the model number of the Unity or the version of software its running.

Thanks

Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Apr 26 2010 2:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: FCP Access on Avid's Unity

Morning....

This is a good article to scan first....

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=282921

You would need to check the version the “used” Unity is on and then upgrade if necessary. 

When upgrading – please note that back in late 2009, a slight FCP issue came to light whereas Final Cut Pro was slow when switching between the Avid Unity client desktop and back to the Final Cut Pro app. The delay was dependent on the size of the project; the larger the project, the longer the delay.

Example - Customer is editing in Final Cut Pro and needs to return to the Finder to get something from the desktop, then returns to Final Cut Pro and the system could encounter the spinning beach-ball for 5- 30 seconds before the Final Cut Pro app re-engages.  This does not occur with the Avid editing applications.

Three Unity maintenance releases are available on the Download Center that include the patch for Avid Unity ISIS & Avid Unity MediaNetwork that resolve this issue*.

The releases are:

·Avid Unity ISIS v2.0.4 & Avid Unity ISIS v1.7

Avid Unity MediaNetwork v5.1.3  (Fibre Channel Only)

*Please note that the delay issue still exists with Avid Unity MediaNetwork, Ethernet Configurations. This is due to Avid’s customized version of Ethernet (ACIFS) used with Avid Unity MediaNetwork.

HTH

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply.

I found out the Unity has a fibre board but still no information about the version / system number.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that any Unity can be upgraded to support FCP, is this correct?

Also the links you kindly provided Avid have removed, I can't get access to the 'Avid Unity Approved Applications Page' or the 'Avid Unity Approved Applications', is there any chance they would be located anywhere else??

Thanks

• Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

HI again,

I have the web team looking at that article now...  with the web redesign a few things got " unlinked".  Stand by....

As for Unity upgrades - yes it should be able to be upgraded.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:19 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

He Greg found it fast!!!

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/final-cut-pro-qualified-unity

There you go....

marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:30 PM In reply to

Excellent stuff,

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller