Latest post Mon, May 17 2010 1:01 PM by robmaas. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 4 2010 10:45 AM

• robmaas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 4 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Avid Log Exchange and AVID workflow.

Hello,

I’ve a kinda technical question about Avid Log Exchange and AVID.

Step 1) I receive ‘XDCAM’ files from the director
    Step 2) I export ‘Quicktime’ files for the director to spot/log
    Step 3) I export ‘MXF for NLE’ to import in AVID
    Step 4) Director emails me ‘Avid Log Exchange (ALE)’ files
    Step 5) I open the ‘ALE’ in Avid
    Step 6) I connect the ‘MXF for NLE’ files to the ALE (The Quicktimes and MXF files have the same file names to reconnect the MXF for NLE media to the ALE)

Now the director is kinda slow in logging and delivering me the ‘ALE’ log files. So I would like to switch Step 5 en Step 6 so I first would like to import the ‘MXF for NLE’ in AVID and afterwards reconnect it to the ‘ALE .’ But how does this work?

OR IS THERE A BETTER WORKFLOW?

Thanks, Rob

• Tue, May 4 2010 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Log Exchange and AVID workflow.

When you first bring in the footage, then bring in the ALE, simply choose "Merge with known sources" under ShotLog options in the import dialogue box. Supposing corresponding tapename and timecode.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 17 2010 1:01 PM In reply to

• robmaas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 4 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Avid Log Exchange and AVID workflow.

Thanks Job, seems to be the solution but when I try to do so Avid generates an error 'bus error..' and suddenly shuts completely down. I am working on a Mac Pro with Leopard (Not Snow Leopard). Any ideas how to fix?

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller