Latest post Tue, May 11 2010 10:57 AM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 11 2010 9:09 AM

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

Sorensen Squeeze and Sonic Fire Pro not together?

I have both installed and in SFP it was not possible to play the preview of SS from the Internet.

SFP Support nailed it down to the bottom and found that the file mcmj2d.ax that comes with Sorensen Squeeze was the evil. I uninstalled Sorensen Squeeze and indeed, the problem for SFP was cured.

But that brings me not where I want to be. I think I need Sorensen Squeeze for making MPEG2 from MC projects. It does not matter much that I could not preview SS samples, but everything should be OK.

Is this a known problem?

What do you suggest me to do?

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, May 11 2010 10:32 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: Sorensen Squeeze and Sonic Fire Pro not together?

Is this a known problem?

No, I have it all working on all my systems, what version of Squeeze was it ?

What do you suggest me to do?

Will try to say this in a polite way Sef, you know me by now, reading some of your other posts and all the probs you have had, a deactivation of Media Composer followed by a clean install of both OS and all your apps and use a wired lan connection to activate are my recommendations, I can hear you crying all the way up here to the north but seriously, you have ran into too many probs and if I was in your place, I would never trust that system.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, May 11 2010 10:38 AM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

Tomas,

you are right, but as you also know, when it comes to overcome some issues in my current system, then I leave it this way.

I can live without Smartsound samples, but maybe not without Sorensen. The version I use, came in the box, and is version 5.1.1

Certainly I will at one time be able to do everything in a system that is according to the reqs for MC. Then I guess, new problems will occur. These are computers. Made by men. And don't forget the software: it is also made by men.

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, May 11 2010 10:57 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

well, what can I say more, those apps should work well together.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller