Latest post Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:33 PM by Geoff Claydon. 146 replies.
Page 7 of 10 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 14 2010 7:43 PM In reply to

• Per Frøysa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 1 2010
    • Trondheim Norway
    • Posts 11
    • Points 165

Re: Forum Worries

Please add me to the list. Marianna is the reason why I still is an Avid customer. Her service is simply outstanding.

Asus P6TD, 12 GB RAM, Intel i7 950, NVIDIA GTX 295, SSD 64 Gbyte system-disk, Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 14 2010 7:54 PM In reply to

• Paul Murphy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2006
    • Colorado Springs, CO
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

Please add my name to this list as well.  Marianna has been a great customer advocate for Avid and a great communicator to those of us in the Avid DS community.

Paul Murphy

DS 7.6 QFE3 Equinox [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 14 2010 8:14 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

jef:

Marianna is the case study for the best in Customer Relations.  You can not put enough value on her.

Some people are the best in the world at what they do.

Some times doing the best ain't enough reminds me of

THIS>>>>>http://community.avid.com/forums/t/82150.aspx

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Fri, May 14 2010 8:41 PM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

It is the downside of working for a corporation / large company it seems.

• Fri, May 14 2010 10:13 PM In reply to

• OliverPeters
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Orlando, FL
    • Posts 506
    • Points 6,795

I certainly hope this is all an over-reaction and things will settle down. I for one can't imagine where Avid would be at the moment without her. Not that the company would sink or anything, but rather the impact she's had in fostering community involvement, user group creation and in general, keeping Avid users in the fold has been immeasurable.

I dare say that if Apple had someone like her in ProApps and allowed a culture that would utilize such a resource, their NLE marketshare would increase exponentially.

You can have the greatest products in the world, but in the end, the users have to believe in the company that backs the products. Marianna's tireless efforts on behalf of both the user and of Avid have helped folks continue to believe in a viable Avid.

Remember that the reason many high-profile editors and companies have defected from the base over the years has been precisely because of how they felt they were treated by the company and it all boils down to first-hand assistance and communication. Marianna has certainly helped to stem that tide and I hope that this continues.

- Oliver

• Fri, May 14 2010 11:20 PM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,332
    • Points 53,555

In Hudson County NJ there is a saying "vote early-vote often"

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Fri, May 14 2010 11:22 PM In reply to

• Kirk Arnold
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 23 2009
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 710
    • Avid Employee
      BlogAuthor

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay responding, Gary and I have been traveling, and we're looking forward to seeing a few of you tonight at the Editor's Lounge in Burbank!

I love seeing all the passion and enthusiasm you've been sharing about Marianna and her effect on Avid Community as a result of Adam's post in the "Who is the DS Product Manager" thread. We couldn't agree more about how invaluable Marianna is to our organization. 

I'd like to take a moment to reassure you that although Adam has moved from an online marketing focus to a segment and product marketing focused role, his move in no way changes or devalues what Marianna is already doing today.

Adam's role change is part of a broader realignment of marketing staff based on the direction that our new SVP of Marketing Jose Lazares wants to see. However, any changes on the marketing side would not and should not detract from your relationship with Marianna and the many things she does to support our customers. If anything, our goal is to raise visibility of communities and social media among our various subject matter experts.

Again, we couldn't be happier with Marianna's positive influence here.  Thanks again for expressing your support.

Kirk

• Fri, May 14 2010 11:28 PM In reply to

Thank you.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, May 14 2010 11:42 PM In reply to

• Ragpicker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 10 2007
    • Pune, India
    • Posts 16
    • Points 250

Well thanks Arnold for sharing that. Really appreciate it.

Just hope that it's not one of those pacifying company briefs. 

15" MacBook Pro AMC 4.0.5 on MacOSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7 || 4 GB RAM|| Nvidia GeForce GT330 M with 512MB VRam [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 14 2010 11:43 PM In reply to

• Hershleder
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, California, USA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 1,805
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      BlogAuthor

I add my support for her.

I have a fear that someone has made a decision based on charts, graphs and number-crunching.

EDIT:

Kirk said: "Again, we couldn't be happier with Marianna's positive influence here.  Thanks again for expressing your support."

Excellent. May I suggest that that information could have been included initially and saved a lot of angst.

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, i7 – OS 10.10.5 – 16 GB RAM – MC version 8.6.x - Adobe CC. [view my complete system specs]

Use your Avid super-powers for good, not evil:

"The Avid Media Composer Cookbook"

http://tinyurl.com/avidmc-book

• Fri, May 14 2010 11:49 PM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,332
    • Points 53,555

Fair enough. Curious how potent a little "liquid" adds to reaction times lately...

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Sat, May 15 2010 12:21 AM In reply to

• brutus75
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 23 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 187
    • Points 2,400

The comment at the bottom of each of my messages reads "Children are our future... unless we stop them now!"  I am afraid that was Avid's attitude toward FCP before Marianne.  I believe that one major reason for their broader, more enlightened attitude is due in no small part to the ear and mind of advocates like her.  She is indispensible, and I, for one, will look more seriously at FCP if customer needs are robbed of her attention.

Children are our future...unless we stop them now!

• Sat, May 15 2010 1:01 AM In reply to

Just a reminder if you have not already done so, please go here and register your vote of support for Marianna.  

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, May 15 2010 1:31 AM In reply to

• eg
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I'm not quite sure where to post this but I want to add my strong support for Marianna. She has been invaluable to Avid and to its users. She has gone above and beyond in helping users and deserves all the praise she has been getting.

Ethan Gussow

• Sat, May 15 2010 1:33 AM In reply to

You came to the right place, Ethan. Your name is now part of the signature list at the top of this thread. Please go to the link in my previous post and register your vote for Marianna.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 7 of 10 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller