Latest post Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:47 PM by devin@take5. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:47 PM

Apple pro res (proxy) to AVID- With LUTs?

I am currently trying to import D1 LUTs into AVID media composer 5.

I am receiving sub clipped Apple Pro Res 4:2:2 (proxy) - 1920x1080 in a FCP  7.0.2 project file.

My understanding is that if we import these files directly into AVID it will wipe the LUTs info away and when they try to online the files, the colour information will be lost.

So to get around that we are placing the clips in a FCP timeline and exporting them using automatic duck. 

Which sort of works but when opened in AVID we get a ERROR - EXCEPTION_ PMM_MEDIA, and sometimes the audio doesn't transfer, unless we clip off the first and last frame before export.

We believe that is happening because the clips are being merged in FCP before they get to us, that the sub clipping of the clips is causing the error and not allowing us to play the media. 

The reason we have to sub clip is because the audio and video is being shot on a double system(recorded separately)so we have to sync them at some point.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Filed under: , , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller