Latest post Tue, Sep 14 2010 12:21 PM by udosauer. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:23 PM

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 9 2005
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Shot list from a Sequence?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows a fast way to create a shot list from an edited sequence. I am creating an 'archive' or 'melt reel' of footage from various sources, and would like to be able to include a shot list.  Since all the clips have been clearly labelled, I was hoping it was possible to create a list (sort of like an edl) that includes all the source clip names, but uses the sequence timecode instead of the source code.

I can print out the contents of the bin, but of course any TC is associated with the source.  If I create an edl, it does not include clip names.  And unfortunately 'get sequence info' is really helpful at making lists of source clips, but not with the relevant tc.

TIA

=DRW

iMac, 27", 3.4GHz i5, 24 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 570 [view my complete system specs]

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:32 PM In reply to

• Andy Ward
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 31 2008
    • Posts 38
    • Points 560

Re: Shot list from a Sequence?

in the edl manager go to the Edit ( options ) button next to the right of Active Setting and then the options window appears. Click on the comments tab and then tick Clip names. Update the setting. You should then be able to make an edl that should include the sequence timecode and source clip names?

MC v4.05 & Nitris boxes Mac OS X 10.6.2 Mac Pro, 2 x 3ghz Quad Core Intel X, 6 gb 800 mhz x4 HP xw8600 - Vista x1 Software only - Windows XP x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:09 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Yeah that works. Now at least, I have the clip names included on the edl.  Now I just wish I could remove some of the other extraneous material, like the source tape in and out tc, and it would be perfect.  

But a good start.  

Thanks for the suggestion.

=DRW

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:58 PM In reply to

You could venture into the possibilities of Filmscribe for your needs? You can have more control over what is displayed and different types of output ( XML, Tab Delimited ). You can choose to deselect source timecode if you want. Sometimes the Weblist can give you good results ( though it can be buggy! ) that presents the information as a .html and in a more human friendly way.

• Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:25 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Success!  Thanks Randy.

I'd never used FilmScribe before, so after a little reading, I got it to generate a list to my liking.

=DRW

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Tue, Sep 14 2010 12:21 PM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 448
    • Points 5,255

You can export a bin as a tab delimited text file (open bin, choose your headings, FILE-> export)

Then use a database or spreadsheet tool like filemaker or ms excel import the txt file and do fancy stuff like sorting with your data Smile

regards

Udo

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller