Latest post Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:55 PM by Igor. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:20 PM

Help! Exception PMM Audio Mismatch error

Hi,  

I have a project that was created on MC5.0. Recently, we've been switching our drives back and forth between my 5.0 laptop system and a 4.05 desktop system. When I bring the project from the desktop back to the laptop, all the media is there, I can see it, but I can't play my sequence. I get the error message:

Exception: PMM Audio Mismatch.

What does this mean? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the hangup might be?

Thank you very much!

Gretchen

MacBook Pro 17" 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 DDR3 G Tech 2 TB 7200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 10 2010 8:42 PM In reply to

Re: Help! Exception PMM Audio Mismatch error

Gretchen, sorry you're only hearing crickets in the forum.  That's not typical.  Are both systems Mac?  Suggestions (which you've tried, but are here for others as well):

Don't copy the project file (.avp) or the project settings file (.avs), just the bin(s).  Try trashing the media databases.  If the problem is possibly corrupt settings , trash MC State, Site Settings and Site Attributes, in the Settings folder.  Trash the project settings file (.avs) in the project folder.  Make a new User Profile (rather than trashing the existing one.)

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Nov 10 2010 9:57 PM In reply to

I can't find anything in the knowledge base on this one (!!!) But, do you happen to have Boris F/X on your system? If so, this might be of help to you.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 3:16 PM In reply to

I had the exact same error today "Exception: PMM_AUDIO_MISMATCH_FORMAT"

It occurred after i switched from MC5 Mac to MC5PC and back.

i searched but didn´t find an answer on the web - so i tried to delete settings and stuff - nothing happened. still can´t play my sequence.

then i realised, that there were a few AMA Files offline - relinking them did the trick - now it runs again like a charm!

greets

• Mon, May 20 2013 6:05 AM In reply to

• jeabby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Posts 154
    • Points 2,060

This error can occur when AMA linked clips are offline. Steps to resolve: Right click in the bin and choose Offline Items to isolate the offline clips. Select the clip or clips that are offline & you want to relink. Select File > Relink to AMA File(s). The Select File to Relink dialog box opens asking you to locate the new file. Locate the new file. If you have multiple clips selected in the bin, the system prompts you for the location of each file, one at a time. Click Open. The new clip highlights in the bin.

• Thu, Sep 10 2015 11:54 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2012
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Hi there,

I'm getting this error whenever I try to play-trim in a timeline. I don't have any AMA media & nothing is offline. Any more tips? I've tried the usual trashing of MC State, media databases etc as suggested above.

Thank You!

Tom

MC 8.4.0, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.8 GHz dual core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB, 1 TB, Yosemite Mac... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:55 PM In reply to

• Igor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 9 2009
    • Posts 47
    • Points 430

Larry Rubin:

I can't find anything in the knowledge base on this one (!!!) But, do you happen to have Boris F/X on your system? If so, this might be of help to you.

Please check your link, I can not open it. Thanks
    HP Z8 G4 Workstation, Win10prox64bit, Avid MC on Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 4K, Nvidia Quadro P5000, RAM 64 GB. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller