Latest post Thu, Oct 7 2010 12:40 PM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:37 PM

bins disappear from my project on media composer 5

hi

I installed media composer 5 on my mac book pro ( snow leopard 10.6.4 )yesterday without pb.

My project created on the version 4 was well open by mc5 and i can access all my medias as in the version 4.

Today , i launch again Mc5. My project is detected but my bins disappear from the project bin. I close the app. delete the database media file from the MXF folder then i launch again MC5. i tried several times the operation with shutdown and cleaning osx system unsuccessfully.

MC5 well scan my media . i select my project but still have the pb. only the "Trash" appears in the window project bin.

as follow :

• my project bin
    • Trash

for your info , i change nothing in my mac os x since the shutdown yesterday.

In the finder , i tried to double click on my bins ( .avb). The file are well open by MC5 but appears in a folder called "Other Bins". I cannot move them to my bin project because of an error message.

I m a rookie in understanding Avid ... but this issue is quite strange.

Maybe a bug on the version 5 on mac os x?

Thanks a lot by advance

Francois

• Thu, Oct 7 2010 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: bins disappear from my project on media composer 5

Somehow. all of your bins wound up in the trash. You can simply drag them out of the trash list back up above it and restore them to your project window. How they wound up in the trash in the first place is the unanswered question.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller