Latest post Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:53 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:33 PM

Newbie Audio Help!

Hi Everyone.

This is my first time on MC5 and I'm struggling to grasp this stuff :(

I have imported my p2 footage via the File > Import p2 options and that is all good.

Now I am trying to lay an audio track (music) down, which works fine, but everytime I lay another clip w/ audio down as well, it overwrites the song.

I think this is because in my bins it says that the song is on track A1-A2, which is the same as my clips.

Im trying to change the default tracks for the song but it won't let me, as it says I need to unlink it and it is a master clip.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:07 PM In reply to

Re: Newbie Audio Help!

Load your song track in the source monitor, and then in the timeline, patch source A1 and A2 to A3 and A4 on the sequence side. If you don't already have an A3 and A4 in your sequence, use CMD (or possibly CTRL) + u to add new audio tracks. If you're not familiar with track patching, look it up in the MC help section.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:32 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Hi,

Try this. Load your music into the source monitor. Now create a new sequence (The default new sequence should have 4 audio channels in it.

Click on A1 on the source side of the track panel and drag over to A3 on the record side. This will patch A1 of your music to A3 in your sequence. Repeat with A2 from the source to A4 in your sequence.

Now cut your music into the sequence. This leaves A1 and A2 open for you to edit with as you see fit.

Using a combination of these techniques will help you to organize your audio tracks as you like.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:53 PM In reply to

Hi,

Something that might help is a run through the free Media Composer tutorial you'll find on this link:

http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/

Scroll down to the one for Media Composer Adrenaline HD.  It's an older version, but many of the techniques are still the same.

good luck,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller