Latest post Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:58 AM by marcias. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 30 2011 11:13 PM

• marcias
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 5 2010
    • Posts 9
    • Points 115

Title masking with a shape

Hi!

Probably this will be an easy question. You may know the effect can be seen in many movies, when a wall, or a tree or something masks out the titling. I want to do this in AMC. I want to roll up the end credits, and make it disappear by a line (edge of a recangle for example). Of course the shape should be invisible. How can I do that? Can I use an imported PNG Matte Key for this?

Thanks!

• Sun, Jan 30 2011 11:55 PM In reply to

Re: Title masking with a shape

Apply a crop to the top (and bottom?) of the rolling title?

• Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:06 AM In reply to

• marcias
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 115

I tried cropping, but I applied position parameters for rolling the title (it is handwritten image, not typed text), and so the crop is relative to the object, not the scene. BTW, crop can be used, if I can use it as an "absolute" crop, for example the top 200px of the scene. Can I do that in this case?

EDIT: Now I tried to apply the 3D Warp - Crop effect also, but it fills the outside area with the background color. It should be transparent, because it hovers the V1 too.

• Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:58 AM In reply to

• marcias
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 115

On the title, which is an imported image matte key, I applied the animatte, and then the spectramatte. In this, I could find a Crop option, which crops from the scene, but only from the track, where the matte is. This is a great solution for me, but there is still a question. How can I do this with a custom shape, or maybe another image color matte?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller