Latest post Tue, Feb 5 2019 4:55 PM by Steve Murray. 24 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Batch Renaming Clips

Get the file naming right at the explorer level first (using any of the many tools) before you import, AMA or link via Pan & Zoom. Then your clips are named as required and match the files.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 25 2011 3:53 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    If these are master clips or subclips (not sync clips), you can export the bin in ALE format (under File->Export-ShotLog). Then you can process the names in a text editor and save. Then import the ALE back into Avid, with one of the two options that say "Merge with known sources" (under File->Import->ShotLog options). This will either merge the events from the ALE with existing master clips, or it will create subclips that link to the existing master clips (if you select automatically create subclips).

Thanks, ALE export/import works very well for my problem becuase I'm not allowed chance file names on OS level.

• Mon, Jul 25 2011 5:58 PM In reply to

This should be a feature request.

iMac i7 3.4 AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 TB 8 GB RAM MC 5.53 OS 10.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:49 AM In reply to

Hi,

any update from MC6? we both work with tape (capture) and file based assets.

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Thu, Dec 15 2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Nothing new on that front either.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:29 PM In reply to

by clicking on the name (name column) select the name of the first clip you want to BATCH RENAME.  In the NAME column, shift+click the last of the clips you want to rename.  Right-click on the selected clips. Choose "Set Name column for selected clips..."

-a dialog appears: Set name, and press OK

-press OK again for the next dialog: "Set name value for al selected clips"

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:33 PM In reply to

Old thread.  Old feature request.  Still, same procedure.

Unfortunately, this renames all the clips to exactly the same name.  Some additional options would be nice - look at some of the other file-rename tools out there, and they have some nice features that should go into a clip-rename tool in MC.  This would be especially helpful for tapeless formats, which often don't give you the opportunity to change filenames when recording.  I have more "00000" AVCHD clips scattered across bins than I can count.  First thing I do when AMA-linking is to rename all my clips something more descriptive so I at least know WHICH 00000 it is - which involves a tedious, clip-by-clip, keyboard sequence.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 12 2015 2:26 AM In reply to

Thanks guys! It seems I would be sticking with OS level renaming for now. Cheers!

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Tue, Feb 5 2019 10:12 AM In reply to

• Jason524
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 6 2016
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Hi,I got same question about batch Renaming clips.

How can I change ale inside?

DIT give me file name like A234C004  in  ale  they have scene and take name  like 34_02 and 01, I want batch rename all files to 34_02_01 the format like that?  How can change ale file to rename my name?

• Tue, Feb 5 2019 4:55 PM In reply to

Highlight all the clips you want to rename. Then, right-click IN THE NAME COLUMN (or you won't see the option to set the name) and choose set name. This will rename ALL the highlighted clips to a single name - it doesn't increment the names.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller