Latest post Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:13 PM by FunkyDragon. 54 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:53 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,340

Re: MC5 is a Ferrari

Larry Rubin:

It's not Carl vs Larry, it's Carl and Larry as a team vs 2 Liquid anti-keyboard mouse drag and droppers of your choice! One fall, winner takes all! Live on Pay-Per-View! A Vince McMahon production.

Wow, and it will look a lot like "Street Countdown" from the IT Crowd - if you don't know it, google it up on YouTube!

MC - "Give me a sweet dissolve"
    LIQ - "I'll have 2 dissolves only sweeter..."

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:26 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

RADIUS:
    I like MC, I would like more simple, fast (not only in rendering, especially in editing) and intuitive.
    I don't understand that comment, because I find MC highly intuitive.  But then I've been using it for over fifteen years.

Or putting it another way, one man's intuitive is another's obscure.  If you try and drive MC the way that you do Liquid you'll be slow and you'll hate it.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:35 AM In reply to

• RADIUS
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 12 2010
    • Vibo Valentia (Italy)
    • Posts 212
    • Points 2,690

Hello!

Watch what is intuitive for example, do a freeze frame....

Ciao.

SW: MC 6  on Seven professional 64 - Liquid 7.2 on Xp Sp3

HW:  Asus P6t  Cpu Intel i7 930  Ram DDR3 Kingston (4gb x3)  Vga Quadro Fx 1800  Audio Creative SB audigy 

Hd (sistem) Maxtor 320  Hd Western digita(1TBx4)

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:51 AM In reply to

Hi,

RADIUS:
    Watch what is intuitive for example

I believe the point John was making is intuitive is not an objective quality.  Just because making a freeze frame in Liquid is intuitive to you does not mean it is intuitive for the rest of the human race.  Each of us will judge intuitiveness differently.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:53 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

Exactly my point.  Thanks Carl.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:56 AM In reply to

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 8 2005
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

How about easily changing track heights like other NLEs do?

Windows 7 System- MSI 880 mobo, AMD 1055t X6, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 Hackintosh System- Gigabyte h55 mobo, i5 760, 4 gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:06 AM In reply to

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

camoscato:

Hi,

RADIUS:
    Watch what is intuitive for example

I believe the point John was making is intuitive is not an objective quality.  Just because making a freeze frame in Liquid is intuitive to you does not mean it is intuitive for the rest of the human race.  Each of us will judge intuitiveness differently.

ciao,
    Carl 

Actually if MC had Liquids freeze frame option which only takes one click to do compared MC which I believe takes about 5 clicks i'm sure every MC editor would love it unless you're this guy(start watching at :50)

Windows 7 System- MSI 880 mobo, AMD 1055t X6, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 Hackintosh System- Gigabyte h55 mobo, i5 760, 4 gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:25 AM In reply to

jiggyjay:
    Actually if MC had Liquids freeze frame option...

Yeah, sorry, I forgot which thread I was on.  As it happens, I am privvy to some inside information that I am not able to disclose, but I'll reveal here if you guys promise it goes no further:  Right now Avid's Department of Intuitivness Engineering and Development (DIED) is teasing out the Liquid Intuitivity Engine™ (LIE™) and preparing to reengineer it for use in Media Composer in a new feature that will be called Accelerated Intuitivityness Architecture Nitris DsX™ (or AIANDsX™, pronounced "A I and sex").

With AIANDsX™ enabled, the editor has only to think vaguely about what they want the sequence to look like, and AIANDsX™ - immediately and in real time - imports/captures footage from any format, assembles an asthetically pleasing finished sequence, plays it out to air, any tape format, DVD and BluRay simultaneously, buys lunch, calls a car service to get the editor a ride home, generates an invoice, sends it to the client, collects the money, and deposits it in the editor's bank account.  It is estimated that Media Composer's intuitiveness will increase by as much as 75%, depending on the local weather conditions and sea levels.

Remember, I'm under several NDAs regarding the future development of Media Composer, and there's the forum rule against speculation that I'm breaking by telling you all this, so you have to double-pinky-swear™ you won't tell anybody.

ciao,
    Carl 

p.s. 

jiggyjay:
    Liquids freeze frame option which only takes one click to do compared MC which I believe takes about 5 clicks

That might be faster, but that's not the same as more intuitive.  (And MC takes 3 clicks to do a traditional freeze frame, but I can think of another way that only takes 2.) Stick out tongue

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

And see this is what I hate about Avid.  They're just not listening.  I've been asking for a coffee maker since at least version 1.0.  I'm sure that Editshare will have it working on Lightworks any day now.

Then look out Avid!

Seriously, comparing the ease of implementation of a given function on Liquid to the same function on MC is pointless.  Over my fifty years in this industry I've seen any amount of comparison tables between rival equipment.  They never prove anything.

I'm sure that I can selectively single out functions in MC that are more difficult or impossible in Liquid.

Jiggyjay, you obviously prefer Liquid.  Use it.  No-one is forcing you to use MC.  If you need a more recent editor, maybe Premiere or Vegas would meet your needs better.  There is a large number of NLEs available at reasonable prices.

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:53 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,195
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

To SOME of the Liquid Migrants

These forums are for MC users.
    MC users who have questions, advice etc.

These forums are about MC.

In all honesty -  do you remember your days on the Pinnacle Liquid Forum. Do you remember the times that Pinnacle Studio Users popped in and started to ask for a "Dumbed down" version of Liquid, so that they could migrate "upwards"?? Do you remember the heated responses from the Liqid users?

Well now the shoe is on the other foot. You have been welcomed and treated with respect when you arrived here.
    You will continue to be treated as equals and treated with respect even in the future. People around these forums are tolerant and understanding.
    Please reciprocate and show some good manners and start talking about using MC and not about how great Liquid WAS.
    Liquid is no longer EOL. Liquid is dead as a product. (I know it is still used by many many people - but it is dead)

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:54 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,195
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

jwrl:
    No-one is forcing you to use MC

Excellent point!

Regards,
    Douglas

PS. Before anyone replies to that - Remember Pinnacle (a subsidiary of Avid Technologies) killed Liquid. Pinnacle did not offer MC as an alternative. The section of Avid Technologies selling MC etc. did offer a nice upgrade path.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:56 AM In reply to

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

camoscato:

Yeah, sorry, I forgot which thread I was on.  As it happens, I am privvy to some inside information that I am not able to disclose, but I'll reveal here if you guys promise it goes no further:  Right now Avid's Department of Intuitivness Engineering and Development (DIED) is teasing out the Liquid Intuitivity Engine™ (LIE™) and preparing to reengineer it for use in Media Composer in a new feature that will be called Accelerated Intuitivityness Architecture Nitris DsX™ (or AIANDsX™, pronounced "A I and sex").

With AIANDsX™ enabled, the editor has only to think vaguely about what they want the sequence to look like, and AIANDsX™ - immediately and in real time - imports/captures footage from any format, assembles an asthetically pleasing finished sequence, plays it out to air, any tape format, DVD and BluRay simultaneously, buys lunch, calls a car service to get the editor a ride home, generates an invoice, sends it to the client, collects the money, and deposits it in the editor's bank account.  It is estimated that Media Composer's intuitiveness will increase by as much as 75%, depending on the local weather conditions and sea levels.

Remember, I'm under several NDAs regarding the future development of Media Composer, and there's the forum rule against speculation that I'm breaking by telling you all this, so you have to double-pinky-swear™ you won't tell anybody.

ciao,
    Carl 

I doubt this is coming out on the next update.. I mean they can't even fix Smart Tool! I'm betting MC6 will have it though.. Wink But in all seriousness after using MC5 its really clear now why they are losing their user base to FCP and even Premiere now.. Those two NLEs are just much simpler and cheaper! For $2400 you can get a copy of  Adobe Production Suite which includes Premiere, After Effects(Industry Standard in Effects), Photoshop, Encore, Illustrator etc and Final Cu Studio 3! I'm just glad I didn't have to pay full price for MC! Thanks Avid!

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 12:00 PM In reply to

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

jwrl:
    Jiggyjay, you obviously prefer Liquid.  Use it.  No-one is forcing you to use MC.

Oh I know but I did invest in it.. Don't mind me bro i'm just in that learning pains.. I know MC5 is a great NLE and I will learn and master it and will grow to love it! Just venting some frustrations I guess.. Just like the 20+ page of complaints MC users had on that other thread.. I consider myself an MC user now and again is just venting.. 

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 12:41 PM In reply to

camoscato:

Oh, Carl...I think we'll have to place you on double secret probation for that!!Wink

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 1:07 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

jiggyjay:

I consider myself an MC user now and again is just venting.. 

jiggyjay:

camoscato: I'm now going to step out of this thread so you guys can argue about the history of Liquid for the next 20 or 30 pages.

That is my goal!Big Smile

Yes, we have seen what you mean

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/93575.aspx?PageIndex=2

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 3 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller