Latest post Mon, Feb 14 2011 1:17 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:54 AM

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 8 2005
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

Sigh! Simple task.. How do I change the tracks size again?

Fairly simple to do with all other NLE. Just go to the tracks borders and adjust height and voila your good to go that's how its done in Liquid, FCP and Premiere. I know how to do it but I just keep forgetting which keyboard shortcut it is.. Also is there any way you can apply the track heights i've set to any new tracks that I add? Seems like a pain having to select the specific track and deselect others just to change it.. MC should really implement this ASAP.. I don't even know why it can't simply do it like other NLEs do.. Seems like a simple feature that can be implemented IMO.. I bet this would receive more praise than smart tool if implemented!Wink

Windows 7 System- MSI 880 mobo, AMD 1055t X6, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 Hackintosh System- Gigabyte h55 mobo, i5 760, 4 gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:16 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,089
    • Points 216,615
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Sigh! Simple task.. How do I change the tracks size again?

1. Hold down CTRL and move your mouse cursor between the e.g. V1/V2 track buttons - DRAG!

2. Highlight (activate) a track  CTRL+L makes it higher,  CTRL +K makes it smaller

Regards

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:22 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,089
    • Points 216,615
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

While we are at it.

CTRL+K and CTRL+L can be used to resize a lot of things.

e.g. Click on the source monitor to activate it, or on the record monitor to activate it....... then try the CTRL+L, CTRL+K

Or go to a bin and change to FRAME mode.
    Select a thumbnail, or a few thumbnails (CTRL+ CLICK) or all thumbnails (CTRL+A) then use the CTRL+K  CTRL+L to resize them.

Of course this is all far too complicated compared to other NLEs Geeked

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 12:02 PM In reply to

• jiggyjay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 8 2005
    • UT
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,780

Thanks Douglas.. Is there anyway to implement a default height bigger than the one now when adding new tracks? 

Windows 7 System- MSI 880 mobo, AMD 1055t X6, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 Hackintosh System- Gigabyte h55 mobo, i5 760, 4 gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 12:23 PM In reply to

jiggyjay:
    Is there anyway to implement a default height bigger than the one now when adding new tracks? 

No there isn't. But you can save expanded track heights as a customized timeline view by clicking on the timeline view window on the timeline toolbar. And you can link a specific timeline view to a specific toolset using the "link to current..." dialog in the toolsets menu.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 1:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,089
    • Points 216,615
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

jiggyjay:

Thanks Douglas.. Is there anyway to implement a default height bigger than the one now when adding new tracks? 

Larry answered that one.

But it goes further than that when you are talking about track heights.

The following 2 Tutorials show some other interesting tricks with track heights.

One point here is that I did that on MC 4.
    MC5 has default settings with the audio tracks double the height of the video tracks.
    I guess it is because of the stereo tracks.....

Regards,
    Douglas

PS. I have forgotten how these things were in Liquid, and don't know how they are in PP, Vegas etc. But I guess that MC is way behind them all Geeked

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller