Latest post Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:53 PM by Dimitris Vatsios. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:03 PM

Media Composer 5.0 online Issues

Hello im making this thread so i can have some answers about one issue when i conform my 15:1s timeline into 2:1..

Im working as online editor and i figured that in Media Composer 5 the online conform had an issue.

I saw that working in 2:1 i had some flickerness in my picture .That occures after puttin Color Correction on the Clip. I dont know if its a 2:1 codec bug or it has to do with Qt codec . I dont remember wich Qt was on the machine .. My delivery destination is Digital Beta via SD SDI.. I dont render the whole sequence but it still happens

Hp z400 2xQuadCore xeon , 6gb Ram , Media Composer 5.0, Nitris Dx [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:45 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 5.0 online Issues

It sounds like an interlacing problem. Check your render settings to make sure you are rendering 2:1

:: Work - Symphony Nitris DX 3.5.1, HP xw8600 :: Home - Intel 3.0Ghz Quad CPU 8GB G.Skill DDR3 7-7-7 1600 Ram Asus P5E3 Pro NVidia Quadro FX... [view my complete system specs]

"Don't go by my script, they're always wrong." - producer to me while editing

• Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:47 PM In reply to

What was the source footage?

I presume it was interlaced footage not progressive?

We use 2:1 a lot and don't have those sorts of issues unless it's down converted HD or externally generated graphics.

The QT version you have should be the one listed in the release notes for your version of MC.

Also what output monitor are you monitoring it on and is there any outboard gear involved like legalisers etc.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:53 PM In reply to

Hello and thank you for the interesting ...

Im working on 25i pal project and the footage in Digital Beta captured in 15:1s and then we batch capture it in 2:1

My monitor is a Barco Monitor connected to sdi through the video.. It is not directly connected with Nitris

I always render in 2:1 and Advanced interpolation and i Expert render my final timeline .Is it possible it is foorage problem ?

Hp z400 2xQuadCore xeon , 6gb Ram , Media Composer 5.0, Nitris Dx [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller