Latest post Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:36 PM by GabrielLeonetti. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 28 2011 3:03 PM

Cant Link back offline Consolidated files from AMA FILES

Hello, Im Gabriel, working with 5.0 AMC.with XDCAM EX3 files.

I opened AMA Volume, consolidated the files, then edited, after that I had a problem with one of my disks and all editing went offline, now I cant relink my secuence with AMA Files.I lost all consolidated files...

I created a new proyect, imported ama volumes, all clips online but when I open the secuence its still offline, and the clips that where online as AMA go offline...

What can I try ?

thank you very much.

• Mon, Mar 28 2011 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: Cant Link back offline Consolidated files from AMA FILES

GabrielLeonetti:
    I lost all consolidated files...

Arre you absolutely sure those are lost? Look for an "Avid MediaFiles" folder on your media drive and numerical folders inside of the MXF folder that would contain associated media files. If you have those, then rebuild the media database files. Quit the application, and in each numerical folder inside the MXF folder inside the Avid MediaFiles folder, delete the two files that identify as "msmFMID.pmr" and "msmMMOB.mdb". If you have an OMFI MediaFiles folder, delete the same two files. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones at the "Initializing Media Streams Manager" stage. You will see the system go into a scanning and indexing mode at this point. If those consolidated files still exist, this process should relink them to your sequence.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Cant Link back offline Consolidated files from AMA FILES

Oh yes, they are completelly lost, I had to format the disc...and the media tool doesnt show any clips.

I had the original XDCAM Card folders so I did not hesitate in esrasing...

and already done the erasing of the database...but nothing...I have consolidated again all media, and nothing again,  any other posibility ?

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller