Latest post Wed, Sep 7 2011 3:02 PM by Holy_13. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 3:39 PM

MC 5.5.1 3D Warp bug?

I've found that unless border is activated (by default with softness of 10 - can this be changed?) position and sometimes scaling keyframes have no effect.

Strange!

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 4:09 PM In reply to

Re: MC 5.5.1 3D Warp bug?

I'll check this out when I get home tonight.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 9:28 PM In reply to

OK, applied a 3D warp to a standard master clip, opened the advanced keyframe editor, reduced the border softness to zero and turned the border parameter off, added 3 keyframes, start - middle - end, and I have no problem scaling, resizing and positioning each keyframe - all is working normal. Try rebuilding your site settings, they may have become corrupted. Quit the app, and from the settings folder, delete the following: MC State, Site_Settings, Site_Attributes. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones. If you have previously dragged any user settings into the site settings window, those will need to be restored after the rebuild.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 10:57 PM In reply to

Hi Larry,

Thanks for having a look.  It seems that doing it that way the 3D warp works as expected but if you set your keyframes and reposition first then deactivate the border the repositioning doesn't work.  I've just tried this again after throwing away the settings that you suggest and can replicate the problem.

Surely it would be better if border wasn't activated by default - I don't remember it always being like this.

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:23 PM In reply to

I agree that the border parameter should not be active by default when you first apply the 3D warp effect, but:

firebladedemon:
    ...if you set your keyframes and reposition first then deactivate the border the repositioning doesn't work.

I just tried that exact workflow (first create the keyframes, then deactivate border) and I can then reposition and resize the keyframes as desired. So I am still unable to replicate your issue. I use the wireframe icon tools to make size and position changes, by the way, not the sliders or keying in number values.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Sep 7 2011 3:02 PM In reply to

• Holy_13
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 13 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

I know that problem very well.
    and it occurs since 4.3 i believe.

how to recreate: apply the effect to any clip --> open effect mode --> deactivate the border by clicking on the activation button --> set keyframes each at the beginning and the end of the clip (i do it via the extended keyframe view by applying keyframes to every value "right-click - add keyframe") --> change the value of one of the keyframes for example by draging the handle.

your wireframe will gett bigger or smaller... but the image won't change...
    it's quite an annoying bug ^^

Greetz
    Sebastian

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller