Latest post Thu, May 5 2011 11:00 PM by James@Seamless. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 5 2011 10:02 PM

• tj_la
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 5 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Help Please! - AE in FCP / Editor in Avid 4

I'm a FCP editor/AE and I started an indipendent film a couple of days ago. We are shooting red and transcoding offline to prores 422. Today they hired an editor who only works on Avid 4. I am very confused on how this wofklow should work from DIT through me (AE) on FCP to Avid 4 editor.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, May 5 2011 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: Help Please! - AE in FCP / Editor in Avid 4

Why is it going through you? Are you doing effects in AE (After Effects I presume)  or Final Cut?

If you are using AE I would download the Avid codecs and use those instead of Pro Res. I do this all the time back and forth with AE and Avid and it works perfectly.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 5 2011 10:20 PM In reply to

• tj_la
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

I'm syncing and doing the dailies. I was hired before they hired the Avid editor and we are already a couple of days into shooting. What codecs do you recommend?

• Thu, May 5 2011 10:21 PM In reply to

• tj_la
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Sorry AE I mean assistant editor, not after effects. I have nothing to do with effects...well basically nothing to do with them...

• Thu, May 5 2011 11:00 PM In reply to

Get a free trial of Media Composer. Your editor should be able to give the install of 4 and it should run without a dongle for 30 days. You'll be doing yourself a big favour as an assistant if you learn some skills in Media Composer.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller