Latest post Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:03 PM by Pixel Monkey. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 15 2011 8:53 AM

• mkeady
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 29 2006
    • London
    • Posts 31
    • Points 395

Audio Export File Too Large for Mac

Am getting this error when tryIng to export a two hour sequence:

Exception: AUDIOEXPORT_FILE_TOO_LARGE, needed_in_kb: 2110382

I have seen a few other posts in regard to this same error for PC's, but no real possible solution or explanation. I have 160GB of storage on my Mac drive, so I don't think it's that.

I managed to export the sequence minue the last 10 seconds or so and it worked, and the file was only 865mb (H.264 QT 512x288 frame size) so it's not even reaching the 1GB file size.

Any thoughts?

Media Composer 5.5.3 Adrenaline Mac OSX 10.6.8 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:03 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,241
    • Points 15,680
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Audio Export File Too Large for Mac

Hey.

Ignoring the usual tech-support process, let's just see if we can get the sequence exported.  Duplicate the sequence by clicking on it in the bin and hitting cmmd-d.  double-click on that new sequence.  In the timeline, select all audio layers. Set your in/out points for the export.  Now in the file menu, do Special / Audio Mixdown (stereo).  Choose whatever stereo track number you want.  Shouldn't matter. It'll make one audio file out of the whole sequence.  Now select all the other audio layers and physically delete them.  Now you should see only one audio track (the new mixdown).

Now do the same export process that you tried originally.  This process will eliminate the possibility that any of the individual audio clips in the sequence are tripping you up.  

If this whole process doesn't work, try this.  Go to the original sequence.  Select all your tracks.  Set your in-point.  Now set your out point somewhere in the middle of the sequence.  Get the same error?  If so, set the out-point somewhere close to the in-point.  This is the slow-but-sure way to identify a corrupt clip.  If no error messages come up, then perhaps exporting it in two halves or even in more (shorter) portions is the key.  I've done that before, where I've exported the sequence audio in six chunks (consecutive WAVE files); re-imported them, overlayed them in the timeline; and then the whole-sequence export worked.  (Essentially a manual-labor method of an audio mixdown).

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller