Latest post Wed, Jul 27 2011 5:38 PM by pabloarribas. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 16 2011 8:23 PM

PROBLEMS WITH LINK TO AMA VOLUME EN MC 5.5

Hello, i need help!

(excuse my english, i'm from Chile and i´m learning the lenguage)

now in my home, i got a great PC HP Workstation etc etc, with Avid MEdia Composser 5.5.1. I shot a short film using the PMW-F3 Camera, of SONY (XDCAM).

I saved the Media in a external disc (E:\), and i´ve been trying to link my Avid proyect to the Disc, using Link To Ama Volume; but it doesnt work.

there appears a mesage "unable to link any clip at E:\SEXTOMANDAMIENTO\DIA1"  ("sexto mandamiento" is the previus title for my short film)

i've been tryin anything, and reading many forums, but nothing works...

i´m worried 'cause i need to edit my film sooniest as i can...

THANKS EVERYONE

• Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:51 AM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Re: PROBLEMS WITH LINK TO AMA VOLUME EN MC 5.5

Hi,

as I don´t know what you have already tried:

Have you installed the separate ama plugin for sony? 

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access/plug-ins

Could you import the files? So, only a link to ama problem or generally with these files?

As I don´t know the camera, what file types (codec, format) does it makes?

If possible upload a single small file and I can check it at my AVID.

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:55 AM In reply to

• Alessio.S
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 6 2011
    • Posts 14
    • Points 180

Hi Pablo, first you must be sure that the XDcam EX AMA plug-in is installed on your system (MC 5.5x need a separate install of AMA plugins except the Quick Time one), then check with the Sony Xd cam browser if there is some problem on originals. If all is ok, see if the backup whose made correctly with all the folders generated by the camera in its correct place, try also copy one card content onto an internal disc, maybe the problem came from the drive or there is some permissions issue.

Até mais Alessio

• Sun, Jul 17 2011 4:35 AM In reply to

Alessio, thanks for your help, i installed a plug in witch show me without troubles my media from my external disc.

bye bye!!

• Sun, Jul 17 2011 4:37 AM In reply to

hey Kristina!

the plugin is allready downloaded and installed, and my life is clear now... hahah.

thanks for helping me.

bye bye

• Sun, Jul 17 2011 5:46 AM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Great Geeked

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 27 2011 5:34 AM In reply to

As it says on the Avid website, the newer versions on Media Composer DO NOT include AMA plug-ins anymore:

Important: Starting with Media Composer 5.5, Symphony 5.5, and NewsCutter 9.5, you’ll need to download and install the AMA plug-ins you want separately from your editing software (these plug-ins are no longer included in the installer except for the QuickTime AMA plug-in). This enables Avid and third-party camera manufacturers to update plug-ins outside of a software release. (If you’re using an older version of Avid editing software, some of these plug-ins may already be installed on your system—please see the system requirements, below, for compatibility details.)

Downloads:

• Canon XF 300 AMA plug-in (download)
    • Canon XF 305 AMA plug-in (download)
    • Ikegami GFCAM AMA plug-in (download)
    • MXF AMA plug-in (download)
    • Panasonic P2 AMA plug-in (download)
    • QuickTime AMA plug-in (installed with your software)
    • RED AMA plug-in (download)
    • Sony HDCAM SR Lite AMA plug-in (download)
    • Sony XDCAM/XDCAM EX AMA plug-ins (download)

I hope this helps

Avid Media Composer 6.5 + Sony Vegas Pro 12 + HP Elitebook 8730W Workstation Notebook + Sony PDW-700 Notebook + 2 Sony PMW-EX3 camcorders + 1 Sony HXR... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 27 2011 5:38 PM In reply to

realy helps, thanks for the explanation! and for the links.

Bye Hugue!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller