Latest post Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:12 PM by TrainerDave. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 2 2011 9:01 PM

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Unsupported Resolution

Hello all,

Avid MC 5.03 w/mojo

HP XW8400

XP sp2

3 gig Ram

Facilis Media server Connected via fiber channel

I have all of a suddenly become the victim of the "Unsupported Resolutions" error. I have allready deleted MCState and Media databases (both local and on the media server).

I have read the following posts

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/90298/513096.aspx#513096

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/98825/568333.aspx#568333

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=262861

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/94976/543311.aspx#543311

these have not solved my problem.

I supect that it may be a user setting issue as one of my junior editors was messing around with the user settings. This machine is my regular workstation and he and I needed to swap seats to accomodate a client. He could not get his setting to come up and spend a good deal of time mucking around with it while I was with the client. Now after he spent the day at my workstation, I am unable to view a timeline without getting the "unsupported Resolution" error.

This error appears anytine I try to load a sequence regardles of media type (standatrd def, or HD).

However I am able to create a new sequence and place both SD and HD media on the time line and it plays fine. This is nice, but I cannot play any edited timelines, and there are many, so rebuilding them is not an apealing option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Richard

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

Well Bob...I wouldn't say I've been "missing" work.

• Tue, Aug 2 2011 9:23 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,251
    • Points 15,830
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Unsupported Resolution

Mike / Stu / Opie / Richard

Do me a favor and try the following.  This will rule-out any simple stuff, and then we can move onto the tougher Q's.

Full edit system shut-down.  Full start-up.  Wait 2 minutes for media indexing.  Open nothing but the Media Composer.  Create new project 1080i59.94 and create New User called TestUser.  Wait 2 minutes.  In the Project Window, click Format tab.  Make sure 1080i/59.94, YCbCr 709, 1920x1080.  Click Settings tab.  Click General.  Make sure ITU601 (720x486).  Click Media Creation.  Make sure DNxHD145 is Applied to All, as is one of your usual media drives (or workspaces).

Create a new title.  Save it.  Full system shut-down.  Full system start-up as before.  Get back into new project with new user.  Does the problem persist?  If so, please report back.  Thanks!

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

• Tue, Aug 2 2011 9:40 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to wait til tmorow AM as I am trascoding in sorensen squeeze right now and don't want to interrupt it.

I'll post results tomorow first thing when I come in.

Thanks,

Richard

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 2:54 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

OK,

I have followed the directions you have provided and upon saving the title I got the "unsupported resolution" message. I continued with the shut down and restart and got back into the project opened the title and again recieved the unsupoorted resolution.

I have further checked out the same projects that were giving me the errore message and those timelines playback fine on the other machine that is alos MC 5.x with Mojo. The only diff is that it is a Win 7 64bit machine.

Richard

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,996
    • Points 228,360
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Richard,

Definately sounds like the "junior" did some monkeyong around here....

A lot of times the unsupported resolution error comes up because the media databse is wacky.... try to rebuild it.

Win 7: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid_MediaFiles\

You shoud see 2 database files in the Avid_MediaFiles\ folder.....

msmMMOB.mdb

msmFMID.pmr

Delete these puppies and relaunch.

Still happening.............. 

Report back as I am checking wiht engineering as well...  ping me off forum.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:28 PM In reply to

.- I've been there.

I've had the "unsupported resolution error" a few times and it's been always a corrupt clip inside the sequence.

Most likely a graphic

Find it, delete it, test that everything is OK, and make or import it again.

Lenovo E32 ThinkStation Intel Xeon E3-1245,16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 600 (1 GB), Windows 10 Pro x64 (up to date) USB 3.0, Lite-On SSD 256GB System Drive... [view my complete system specs]

Remembering my friend Larry Rubin

"Art can't exist without Craft"

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:02 PM In reply to

Hi Richard,

Sorry that you are running into this. I think Marianna is on the right track with you.

A follow up question to help rule out setting versus media issue:

- If the media partitions are unmounted, are you able to play through the sequence without error?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:04 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Respago,

This is a problem across multiple timelines in seperate projects with media on seperate drives that is not shared between the projects. The timelines have only video and marquee titles on them. These timelines will playback on a different machine that is configured the same way MC5 with Mojo.

I appreciate your sugestion but I am not sure it will apply to this instance.

R

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:11 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Keith,

Intresting tack, I had not thought of that. The answer is that I still recieve the "Unssupported Resolution" error while attempting to playback a sequence where there is no media online. the entire timeline is red (media offline) and I still get the error.

Question now is "what next?" I have created a new user as per instructions above and still get the problem.

Have I perhaps missed a setting file to delelt or MC State file? I will try to make notes of all the places I have deleted databases and settings files and we can see if I have missed one.

I'll post shortly

R

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:26 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Listed below are the files I have deleted and this has not remedied the siutation. Have I missed one?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid Users\mojo_\Richard

Delete - MCState

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings

Delete - MCState

C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\SupportingFiles\Avid_MediaFiles

Delete - msmFMID.pmr

C:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1    and also on meida partitions located on media server and also in OMFi MediaFles directories as well

Delete - msmFMID.pmr
    Delete - msmMMOB.mdb

Richard

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:26 PM In reply to

Hi Richard,

Thank you for trying that, that helps narrow it down to something possibly going on with the sequence. I don't know how much time you have to work on this today, but could I request something else?

2 ways we can go:

1) Go to Special and turn off "Render on the Fly", then with the sequence loaded, try the "Re-create title media" option from the Clip menu;

2) Alternate option, intended to narrow down a potential area of the timeline that might contain a bad clip.
    Please edit -half- of your current(problem) sequence onto a new sequence, then play it. Does that play through?

If it does not, could you try editing half of that new half into another new sequence? See if that plays.

The idea is to isolate portions of the timeline to see if you can play back some areas, but not others.

Start with half, then work your way down.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:31 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

The fact that this is a problem with all sequences across different projects and different media volumes and that the sequences play fine on another MC5 Mojo machine kinda leads me to think it may not be a corrupted file. But inlight of the aforementioned you think I should still try this. then I will as I have time. Hopefylly before close of bussiness today. Gotta keep from dropping the other balls precariously being juggled. Stick out tongue

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:47 PM In reply to

Hi Richard,

In that case, I had definitely mis-read the original problem, sorry!

Okay, so to sum up:

Only on the Windows 7 machine, you cannot playback (any) sequences without getting "Unsupported Resolution" messages.

Even with media volumes unmounted, the internal MDB's have been erased and the MCState files removed.

A new user has been tried, and new projects do not have this problem.

Question:

Where are your projects saved? On a project workspace on the Media Serve?

Also, are there any other messages getting written to the Avid Console when you are seeing this behavior?

Please let me know.

Thanks

~Keith

• Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:58 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Keith,

Projects are saved localy. As far as the console, I had not thought to open that up and see what it is documenting,

I'll take a crack at that shortly.

Recap:

MC5 Mojo will not playback timelines in record window

it will playback individual meida clipsin source window

it will playback newly editied timelines in record window  with SD and HD combined

original timelines will playback on similarly configured system with out any problems

I have deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid Users\mojo_\Richard

MCState

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings

MCState

C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\SupportingFiles\Avid_MediaFiles

msmFMID.pmr

C:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 also OMFI Directories local and on media server

msmFMID.pmr
    msmMMOB.mdb

I also get unsupported resolution error when media drives are not mounted and all media is offline

I hope this helps any and all

I am looking at reinstall of MC5 later today as I have time

R

• Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:03 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Reinstall fixed the problem

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller