Latest post Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:00 PM by James Smith. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 8 2011 9:46 AM

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Need to 'up res' my 25p project

I have been importing footage to my laptop for OFFLINE editing with project settings: 25p PAL / DV 25P 420 OMF.  The imported footage is actually full HD .mov files but I have imported them to this lower res project so that my laptop can handle the footage for offline editing.

I would like to keep this low res project intact and separate as I generate standard definition DVDs, etc.  I do, however, also wish to import the full HD footage to another project (e.g. 1080p/25 / DNxHD 185 MXF) so that I can apply some colour correction and eventually output a higher quality QT reference file.  I won't be able to play the footage smoothly on my system, but that's ok as I just need to see the frames, colour correct, and then output.

Having read some posts about decompose, consolidate, relinking, etc. I am still not sure of the best method.  I realise that my workflow may not have been the best to begin with and in future, perhaps having a dual set of Media Creation settings might help?  So with my current 25p project, does anyone have any advice?  My main priority is to keep the 25p project safe, but use the sequences created to 'align' with new imported full HD footage.

Many thanks for any assistance.

James

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 8 2011 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: Need to 'up res' my 25p project

James, you can just Batch Import a (video-only) [b]copy[/i] of your sequence. That would leave your other sequences and your offline material available.
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:00 PM In reply to

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Re: Need to 'up res' my 25p project

Job, I have just tested that method and it worked straight away - so simple!

Thank you so much.

James

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller