Latest post Wed, Aug 10 2011 8:19 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 10 2011 8:54 AM

• gregNZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 23 2010
    • Posts 38
    • Points 530

Trouble activating MC 5.5.2

My beloved forum,

I finally bought my new smoking fast iMac and with it the Avid MC 5.5.2 upgrade. I've deactivated and then deinstalled my old software (3.5.9) and installed 5.5.2 without hassle. But the problem is I can't activate it. After typing in all the numbers it says "Your Media Composer is already registered".

Now I just want to make sure I'm using the correct numbers: For "system ID" I use the number on the box of the full version (MC 3.5.9). For Serial Number I use the one from the "installation Guide"-book of the 5.5.2 upgrade box - right?

Ah, and in the end it says "Software activation failed. Please contact Customer Support" and then "System ID provided is not authorized to upgrade to this product"... now that sounds a bit scary.

I'm now on the 30 days trial. Please can anyone help?!? Thanks so much!

---------------------------------------------------

Specs: MC 5.5.2, iMac 27", 16GB DDR3, OSX 10.6.8, 3.1 GHz Intel

• Wed, Aug 10 2011 8:19 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,790
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Trouble activating MC 5.5.2

Greg

Ping me off forum with your system ID and serial # and I can sort it for you.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller