Latest post Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:35 PM by HansenPansen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 17 2011 3:49 PM

MC 6 interface fonts are messed up

I have just upgraded to MC6 and the user interface looks a mess, the ui font is too narrow and the spacing between the letters is very uneven, making it almost impossible to read the various timeline and bin informations.

I have read in the forums that ARIAL is the default system font for Avid MC, but the font in my UI doesn't look at all like Arial.

Have already tried to reinstall Arial, won't change anything in Avid....

any ideas anywhere? I am on a MacPro with Lion 10.7.2

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: MC 6 interface fonts are messed up

Update: I have just talked to a colleague who has the same problem, the interface font is tiny and narrow and the kerning is all over the place. so is this the new look? please let this be just a settings problem....!!!

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:20 PM In reply to

Please see my post (third one down) in this thread.

I'm assuming you have some sort of non-Apple monitoring attached to your system.  This will be reworked in a future update, but this workaround will solve the problem for now.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:35 PM In reply to

This did the trick, thanks Kevin - I am glad Avid and me live on the same planet - stylewise...

anyway, I hope future versions of MC 6 will have the option to enlarge the default system font to something bigger then "11" - I use a Dell 30'' as a main monitor and I always have to lean forward if I want to read i.e. the settings in the project window... (I know that I can edit individual font sizes for the various windows, but that doesn't include system infos and such...)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller