Latest post Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:42 AM by Joachim Claus. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 16 2012 10:13 PM

Moving Projects From Dvdit Pro Hd To Avid Dvd

When moving projects over from DVDitPro HD to Avid DVD on a new machine I get the missing 267 files Locate Cancel Delete prompt. Selecting locate and pointing to the first missing files (Navigation buttons that are in a different file location due to the new name of the product and OS upgrade from Win XP to Win7-64), causes what looks like opening up of the 267 files, but the end result is an untitled project with none of the elemements of the old project. Selecting Cancel leads to having to do it 237 time and selecting Delete opens up the file but missing the 267 elements. Is there anyway I can save the project with a condsalidate all the links to one location option or place them all in one location (such as the sources sub directory located in the directory the project file resides) to be able to transfer the project over?

• Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:21 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 930
    • Points 11,895

Re: Moving Projects From Dvdit Pro Hd To Avid Dvd

As you pointed out, there is no easy way to move a project from DVDit Pro HD to Avid-DVD. My sugggestion: Install Avid-DVD in addition to DVDit Pro HD on your computer, and start all new projects with Avid-DVD. Leave DVDit Pro HD for work on old projects.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Tue, Jan 17 2012 12:54 PM In reply to

Joachim Claus:

As you pointed out, there is no easy way to move a project from DVDit Pro HD to Avid-DVD. My sugggestion: Install Avid-DVD in addition to DVDit Pro HD on your computer, and start all new projects with Avid-DVD. Leave DVDit Pro HD for work on old projects.

Joachim

I don't think you can both installed as Avid DVD is "very much the same" as Sonic DVDit Pro HD

And trying to move or re-link in either program almost always ends up with it crashing.

As long as you have the original assets used in the DVD creation I'd stick with rebuilding the DVD's again in the new programme and just accpet the old authoring is lost.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jan 19 2012 10:53 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 930
    • Points 11,895

Pat Horridge:

I don't think you can both installed as Avid DVD is "very much the same" as Sonic DVDit Pro HD

And trying to move or re-link in either program almost always ends up with it crashing.

As long as you have the original assets used in the DVD creation I'd stick with rebuilding the DVD's again in the new programme and just accpet the old authoring is lost.

You are right. I tested to install both applications on my W7 testsystem. It is not possible. After having installed DVDit Pro HD, Avid-DVD ends installation with the message "Avid DVD is already installed....".

So the only way is to use the assets as they are in the other software.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:21 PM In reply to

Thank you all for your replies and input Smile

• Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:53 PM In reply to

I've had the same problem just reopening a project on the same computer with Avid DVD and no changes to the installation. Just it's looking for some image files that appear to have moved then when I point it to them it opens an Untitled project and all is lost. I recall having this problem a few years ago with an earlier version of the software and I'd vowed to never use it again but assumed they'd fixed it and I've paid for it after all. There must be some way of avoiding this? 

Lenovo Thinkpad W530 24GB QUADRO 2000 Symphony 8.3 win 7 64bit pro & Toshiba Portage Laptop i5 8gig ram. Media Composer 8.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:42 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 930
    • Points 11,895

roaringfirefilms:

I've had the same problem just reopening a project on the same computer with Avid DVD and no changes to the installation. Just it's looking for some image files that appear to have moved then when I point it to them it opens an Untitled project and all is lost. I recall having this problem a few years ago with an earlier version of the software and I'd vowed to never use it again but assumed they'd fixed it and I've paid for it after all. There must be some way of avoiding this? 

The problem is, that Avid DVD uses a different folder structure to store media data compared to the folder structure of DVDit Pro HD. Therefor, you cannot ope a project in one application that was created in the other. You will always get this "media missing" error.

Joachim

Joachim Claus

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller