Latest post Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:05 PM by Sebastian Angulo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:34 PM

Can't find the solution to re-linking my RED footage in Avid MC 5.5, any suggestions?

So I got this RED 4k footage that I transcoded through RED CINEX and imported to avid. .. I remember back in early december when i checked my project it was all linked and complete. .. 

I got the sound design back from my sound guy and when I open up the project and everything displays MEDIA OFFLINE. .. 

Since then I can't find the solution to my problem. . .Only guess I have now is the Avid MediaFiles folder on my external drive must've gotten deleted? ... and if that's the case, is there any way to get my media back online or retrieving that Avid MediaFiles folder?? . .. Any help will be great appreciated!. .. Thanks for your time fellow editors. 

- Peace, Love, & Prosperity,

Sebastian

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: Can't find the solution to re-linking my RED footage in Avid MC 5.5, any suggestions?

How did you get the transcoded files into Avid? Did you import or AMA?

If you imported and the media is now deleted (The clips should show the drive they last saw the media on) and it maybe worth trashing the media databases and letting them rebuild first, then the next step is to do a batch re-import.

Either of the sequence (and it will batch re-import only the files used in that edit) or all the source clips.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:05 PM In reply to

Re: Can't find the solution to re-linking my RED footage in Avid MC 5.5, any suggestions?

I did it trough AMA. ..

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller