Latest post Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:10 PM by Job ter Burg. 74 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 10:49 AM In reply to

• Lemuriatv
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 5 2008
    • Czech Republic
    • Posts 229
    • Points 2,810

Re: Media Composer to Symphony 6 Crossgrade - $999

Do somebody know any reason for more expensive price for Europe? For sale this crossgrade in US there is price 999 USD, but for Europe it is 986 Euro! Both is download version. It is more than 30% ! It is almost 1300 USD!!! Why????

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2,66 GHz, 8 GB RAM,NVIDIA Quadro K5200, 4 TB for video (2 TB in Raid), Win7ProCZ, MC 7.0.7 DONGLE Matrox MXO2 mini + second system... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:09 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Lemuriatv:

Do somebody know any reason for more expensive price for Europe? For sale this crossgrade in US there is price 999 USD, but for Europe it is 986 Euro! Both is download version. It is more than 30% ! It is almost 1300 USD!!! Why????

As I anwered it another thread google for wto and european taxes and you will get the explanation .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:30 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

In Australia, with the $Aus well above the $US we're expected to pay around $1130US.  Which of course means that it will be most likely sourced from the US.  Even with international shipping costs there's an appreciable saving.

I knew that free trade agreement was useful for something.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:54 PM In reply to

Which version of Sorenson Squeeze (Pro or Lite) comes with the Symphony 6 Crossgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Geert

Camcorder: Sony PXW-FS7K with Atomos Shogun monitor, Sony HDR-HC1E PAL ; PC: Asus motherboard X99 Pro USB 3.1 LGA2011, Intel 8 core (16 threads) CPU... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 2:05 PM In reply to

ggeerits:
    Which version of Sorenson Squeeze (Pro or Lite) comes with the Symphony 6 Crossgrade?

Mine just says "Sorensen Squeeze 8".  There's no "lite" or "pro" or "turbo" or "XLT" or anything.

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:38 PM In reply to

Lemuriatv:
    for Europe it is 986 Euro!
    That price includes VAT.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 8:48 PM In reply to

• Lemuriatv
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 5 2008
    • Czech Republic
    • Posts 229
    • Points 2,810

Job ter Burg:

Lemuriatv:
    for Europe it is 986 Euro!
    That price includes VAT.

VAT is not 300 USD! In our country it is 20%.

Price in US not includes tax?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2,66 GHz, 8 GB RAM,NVIDIA Quadro K5200, 4 TB for video (2 TB in Raid), Win7ProCZ, MC 7.0.7 DONGLE Matrox MXO2 mini + second system... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 9:16 PM In reply to

Lemuriatv:
    Price in US not includes tax?

Whether or not you get charged sales tax in the US depends on where you live and where the company you're buying from is located.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sales-tax-internet-29919.html

If an online retailer has a physical presence in a particular state, such as a store, business office, or warehouse, it must collect sales tax from customers in that state. If a business does not have a physical presence in a state, it is not required to collect sales tax for sales into that state.

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Tue, Apr 17 2012 9:18 PM In reply to

• Jordan Acomba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 9 2012
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 3
    • Points 40

Does Symphony include Phrasefind and ScriptSync?

MacMini Server i7 2.0, 8GB RAM, 240GB SataIII SSD [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 9:25 PM In reply to

Jordan Acomba:
    Does Symphony include Phrasefind and ScriptSync?

Also from the FAQ:

FAQ:
    Q: Do the ScriptSync and PhraseFind options come with the Symphony 6 crossgrade or upgrade?

A: No. ScriptSync and PhraseFind are add-on options that can be purchased separately here.

The rest of the FAQ is here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/Avid-Symphony-6-Crossgrade-and-Upgrade-Frequently-Asked-Questions?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1079

• Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:55 AM In reply to

• Zoppito
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Stuttgart - Germany
    • Posts 209
    • Points 2,920

The main question is, why should i spend a lot of money for a software with a few more features when i`ll get an upgrade to Adobe CS6 with revolutionary news and features like Color correction tools, audio software and with after effects with 3D camera tracker included, new AVID import features and much more of new features? And presumably the price will be half of the symphony software (which will include probably the same bugs as MC 6.0.1)

AVID Version 7.0 HP Z800 Win7 (64bit) 48 GB RAM Nvidia Quadro 4000 Matrox Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:30 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

Zoppito:
    why should i spend a lot of money for a software with a few more features when i`ll get an upgrade to Adobe CS6 with revolutionary news and features like Color correction tools, audio software and with after effects with 3D camera tracker included, new AVID import features and much more of new features?
    We all have to ask ourselves these questions, Zoppito.  If you feel that CS6 better suits your needs and that economically you'll be better off, and most importantly you will be happy to lose the features that Avid provides, then your decision is clear.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:40 AM In reply to

• Zoppito
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Stuttgart - Germany
    • Posts 209
    • Points 2,920

What i meant is to use the best of both worlds. MC as the editing software (ok, with some issues, but i hope there will be soon a solution) and CS6 as effects, audio, color correction-tool. I think a lot of us are working already this way. And when i  compare the advantages of a symphony upgrade with those of a CS6 upgrade ....

AVID Version 7.0 HP Z800 Win7 (64bit) 48 GB RAM Nvidia Quadro 4000 Matrox Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:49 AM In reply to

Zoppito:
    What i meant is to use the best of both worlds.

I didn't get that.  I thought, like jwrl, that you were saying you need to weigh up the cost of MC vs the cost of CS6.

Zoppito:
    MC as the editing software (ok, with some issues, but i hope there will be soon a solution) and CS6 as effects, audio, color correction-tool. I think a lot of us are working already this way.

I'm sure that's true.  MC is a great editor, and while it's got reasonable effects, audio, and color correction capabilities, CS beats it in some of these areas, so many people use each of them for the task they're good at.

Zoppito:
    And when i  compare the advantages of a symphony upgrade with those of a CS6 upgrade

Now you're losing me again.  If your premise is you need the capabilities of both an Avid editor and an Adobe production package, I agree, but at the same time you seem to be comparing one upgrade to the other.  If you need both, I don't understand why you're comparing them to each other.

• Thu, Apr 19 2012 9:23 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Zoppito:

What i meant is to use the best of both worlds.

Many of us are already doing this, just remember that this is two differnt companies, some days ago I helped a user that had got his PP - MC workflow broke when having updated to MC 6 .

Zoppito:

and CS6 as effects, audio, color correction-tool.

Are you sure of that or is it just something that you hope for, we still don´t know if there are compability problems or not as CS 6 isn´t officially released yet .

What I can suspect is that the Matrox dual applications workflow that finally have got fixed with the new drivers on the PC side might again go into a beta phase, this time trying to get the new version of Adobe compliant with the Matrox driver versions for MC 6.

And, when that is fixed, Avid will release a new version that you have to install and there will again be driver and compability problems an so on, the Saga continues.

Much better to use what you have and works and let others do the beta tests for you IMO .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 2 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller