Latest post Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:34 PM by Sebastian Angulo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:34 PM

RED Scarlet/AVID MC 5.5.1 Workflow for color correction

Hi to all who is reading this!. . .I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I've recently found my problem to my offline DNxHD 115 RED footage in my AVID clips and Sequence. .. I finally came up with decomposing my offline Sequence, then making a PULL LIST for the clips in the sequence. I grabbed the Pull list via the EDL Manager in AVID and exported an edl. .. I opened up that edl in REDCINE-X build 454 and exported new DNxHD 175 clips. . .Opened those clips up in the AVID Media Tool window (after placing the 175 clips in the Avid MediaFiiles folder) .. . Then imported an ale (which I believed didn't work for me). . but still was able to relink the entire sequence, with the exception of 6 clips, 3 of which relate to one raw file as did the other 3 to another.. . .So I just manually placed those back in the sequence hoping that it stays synched with the sound and other edits, so far it looks good. 

I've finally cleared that hurdle, but I forgot about color correction? .. . Would it be best to color correct in REDCINE-X and then export that and relink the sequence to AVID? or just color correct in AVID?? .. or export the sequence to a H.264 QT from AVID and take it into After Effects for color correction??? .. Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Thanks everyone!. .. Have a great one!

Peace,
    Sebastian A
    Editor

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller