Latest post Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:20 PM by adam5000. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:44 PM

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 640
    • Points 8,490

Combining Mac and PC Forums?

Does anybody else have this problem?  I am on a Mac platform and find myself only reading the Media Composer Mac Forum. I always think that I'm sure there's lots of important information in the PC Forum as well, but I rarely read it.  I wonder if at this point in the development Media Composer and the use of universal Intel chips, if it doesn't make sense to just combine both sections and maybe have a color code or something for each Mac or PC type of post.  That way we'd all be able to see all Media Composer posts in one place.  Or maybe I could just remember to read the Media Composer PC Forum...

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:49 PM In reply to

Re: Combining Mac and PC Forums?

Possibly. But I find the Active Topics link the one I use most. Gets me all kinds of topics I would not actively had sought for.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:08 PM In reply to

The problem I see regarding combining the PC and Mac Forums is when issues are reported that wind up being specific to either PC or Mac platforms, but not to both.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:27 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    The problem I see regarding combining the PC and Mac Forums is when issues are reported that wind up being specific to either PC or Mac platforms, but not to both.

I see that as a bonus to helping troubleshoot.  

I vote that they be combined as well.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:20 PM In reply to

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 640
    • Points 8,490

My original thought was that it would be a plus for both forums to combine them.  So I'd say it would be a bonus.  There of course may be other thoughts or issues, but it might be worth a look.

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller