Latest post Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:41 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 17 2013 1:15 PM

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 24 2009
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,405

Disable "Blended Interpolated" at AMA Import

Hi Folks,

I have following problem. I am building a new project at HD 1080 an 25 FPS (progressive). We have material shoot on a Red Scarlet. And material which cames from Canon D5 and Canon D7. I link in the material via AMA to transcode my Offline Resolution Files for the offline edit. All works fine, but I have a problem with the D7 material. This was shoot at 29.97 FPS. If I link it in, Avid use "Blended Interpolated" to match the 29.97 FPS to the project rate. But that looks terrible. I want that Avid use only the "Interpolated Mode" to match the framerate.

Render Settings are set to that, but Avid ignores me at this point. How can I force the Diva to use only "interpolated". Exists any Console Command for this? Or is my only choice to import the D7 clips in a traditionally way and do a batch import if I do the online Process of the entire movie?

Thanks for a quick answer

• Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Disable "Blended Interpolated" at AMA Import

The D7 clips should gain a green motion adapter dot when cut into the timeline. You need to open the effect editor properties for each one and choose in thee how you want MC to handle the conversion.

You may find you need to promote them to fluid motion for the best results.

However many post houses, like us, work with the conversion in draft mode till the online and then have clever ways of lifting those shots out and producing a single file output that can be converted to 25P outside MC . Then AMA linked back in and dropped back into position along the sequence.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller