Latest post Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:15 AM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:31 AM

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 24 2009
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,405

Sourceseetings for RED files

Hello Folks,

I am working with RED Files at this moment. The R3Ds have their riht Gamma, Exposure and so on. The only thing I want to change is the Debayer-quality, Chroma-Denoise and the OLPF Filter. 

But following happens.

I select all R3Ds, go to sourcesettings, change Debayer, OLPF and Chroma and press aply. All clips get the new filter selection but also the Kelvin, Tint, FLUT, ISO, just all the settings, the first clip in the bin have had.

Is it possible to select specific sourcesettings that I want to assign to other clips?

Best regards

Robert

• Tue, Apr 2 2013 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: Sourceseetings for RED files

No I don't think so.

I was delighted to see the ability to adjust the Red metadata on AMA linked Red clips but then dismayed that the implementation was so flawed.

The lack of ability to save out a "look" and apply to others and the need to mass select to change with the results you've experienced really impact on the usefulness on anything other than a 3 clip test sequence.

I demonstate the Red workflow as part of th VET Avid Media Management course and of course the students ask exactly those questions to which there is no sensible reply...

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:15 AM In reply to

Re: Sourceseetings for RED files

Pretty sure Debayer is set in the Render tab of the Media Creation tool.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller