Latest post Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:41 PM by Igor Ridanovic. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:31 PM

• bibine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

red workflow scanning folder 0 group found

Hello everybody

I'm starting my first Red worklow editing and i'm totally confused by the process. I don't really know how to make it and it seems that the tools, which i'm supposed to use are uselless.

I've tried Metafuze which seems to be the perfect tool. I've read the white paper, i've seen the how to in the avid website. Nothing appeared to be to hard. but it is.

When i attempt to scan R3D folders, Metafuze found no files. Nothing. I've got a message "scan 1 folder, 0 group found"

We shot in scarlett Camera and i've got folders and files which look like an ordinary red dailies.

I've copied only some folders from the dailies on my internal drive so maybe it

i've printed the folders path.

So i can't find what is missing.

Somebody has already issued something like that

Thanks a lot

• Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:42 PM In reply to

• bibine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Re: red workflow scanning folder 0 group found

Hello again

I've found an old r3d folder in another internal hard drive and it worked. So there is something wrong with my Red files but i don't know what.

• Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:42 PM In reply to

Assuming you have a current version of MC I'd make sure you ahve the red AMA plugin.

AMA mount the Red volumes. Use the set source settings to adjustt eh Red metadata as required.

Set the Media Creation Transcode tab De-beyer setting at most half good then transcode the red cips to Avid media.

I wouldn't bother with Metafuse.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:30 PM In reply to

• bibine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Ok

That's what i did. It worked out fine.

Thanks for the tips. I'm just wondering, with all the new plugin, what is the interest in working withe Metafuze?

• Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:41 PM In reply to

Metafuze is an older product that predates Media Composer's ability to connect to RED files via AMA.

It is necessary for DPX file import to Media Composer.

Since Metafuze is free and since it does not require a copy of Media Composer, it is still a viable tool for situations where you want to transcode DPX, RED or any other files without tying down your Media Composer workstation(s).

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller