Latest post Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:07 PM by David Yardley. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:49 PM

Adrenaline box as input/output device for MC 6.5+

So here's a crazy question. Working on MC 6.5 right now but still have my adrenaline box in the rack. Is there a way of using the adrenaline box as a simple input/output box since it has every port on it already? I just realized that on my 6.5 with the aja io express, I can no longer record voice overas directly into the Avid. I think it's a waste of good hardware that the adrenaline box can't be re-purposed.

I no longer have the drivers for the adrenaline box or I'd test it out. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me has the answer.

Jeff

• Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Adrenaline box as input/output device for MC 6.5+

JeffPierce:
    Is there a way of using the adrenaline box
    No way whatsoever.

I no longer have the drivers for the adrenaline box
    You never did, these boxes were driven from the MC software itself.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:58 PM In reply to

Get a small laptop with firewire ports and run a V5.5 version of MC on it.

Then use VNC to remote into it and use it as a capture unit. Then move the media to your main machine and import the clips as required.

Other than that the Adrenaline box is good for scrap metal only. If it has the HD card you may get a few quid for it.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:31 PM In reply to

What I have been doing is:

(Those of a squimish diposition might want to look away)

Plug in in my laptop into the firewire port and run MC5.5

Go to capture mode and choose the input and routing that you need.

Plug the SDI output into the Aja I/O.

Check you have the signal in the main computer.

Pull out the firewire cable. Yeah go on...

Not very green as you have to leave the Adrenaline switched on if you dont want to do it every time you start work.

I used mine as an audio disembedder so I could have 8 AES/EBU inputs to the mixer, and also to output HD RGB to the monitor as Pre-MC 6 this was not available with th I/O express.

It was also used as a downconvertor to feed the DVD recorder s-video.

Now it has died.  Those PSU's were not very good- that was the third one to pass away with a bang.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:47 PM In reply to

David Yardley:
    Those PSU's were not very good
    Did you have them on UPS? I found that to be essential with Classic Nitris (of which two were killed before I switched to a UPS).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:58 PM In reply to

What a shame and a waste.

OK, anyone interested in the HD card for the Adrenaline?

Jeff

• Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:07 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:

David Yardley:
    Those PSU's were not very good
    Did you have them on UPS? I found that to be essential with Classic Nitris (of which two were killed before I switched to a UPS).

No... I did not think of doing that.

My Meridien boxes still power up; look you can see the valves glowing...

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller