Latest post Fri, May 24 2013 4:15 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 24 2013 2:21 PM

• Don
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 24 2007
    • Columbia, MD
    • Posts 106
    • Points 1,340

Transcode/Consolidate problem - Parts of sequence are not consolidating!

So I'm trying to archive a project and I want to save only the media I used in the seqeunce.  I'm working in Sypmhony 6.5 on a Mac.  

I have some AMA footage, some DNX, some video mixdowns(I gues that's just DNX), and some titles(Also DNX). 

This is a 4:30 video and it has about 300 clips that need to be consolidated according to the transcode/condolidate window.  Of those clips about 110 need to be converted due to frames rates that differ form the sequence.  

Here's the problem.  I get about half way through and I see an error message.  Now I've done this 3 times and I keep getting the same message.  

The message reads:

AMEResourceManager:ReconfigHW_LegendBoB_play()

Error[2147483656]unable to:

SetVideoFormatBlk.

Oh and I was transcoding/consolidating at DNX 145MB.  Most of my media was at 145MB. Some was at 220MB, the graphics. I tried transcoding first so everything would be in DNX 145MB.  Then I tried Consolidating.  It doesn't seem to want to consolidate everything if I just pick consolidate first.  I was using a drive with no media on it to be sure I'd get everything I needed for the project.  

I tried a fourth time and everything worked!  The difference was I decided to choose Apple Prores instead of DNX 145MB. Which to me is basically the same.  

I think this is a bug.  

Anyone else have a problem like this?  Solutions?

DL

iMac 3.5ghz i7 Core. 32GB Ram. MC 8.5.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 24 2013 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: Transcode/Consolidate problem - Parts of sequence are not consolidating!

Can't speak to the error, but it might be because it was trying to alter a frame rate on transcode.

In general, we ALWAYS do high-res transcodes in a project native to the footage.  Then you can use the motion adapter settings to make sure you get the look you want.  If you transcode 23.976 material at DNxHD 145, for example, you will end up with some permanent frame blending that might not be desirable.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller