Latest post Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:43 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 6 2013 12:34 AM

• Mike H
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 25 2011
    • Atlanta, Ga
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Help box died how to deactivate

My old dell 4300 laptop is dead no power nothing. How can I deactivate a software licence for symphony7 so I can put on a new laptop. I  am putting  the Sata  drive  on  a USB connector to recover files .how can move the license to a new box?... Anyone ever been through this? Thanks

Mike Harper

ENG IT

Nexis Certified

Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:43 AM In reply to

Re: Help box died how to deactivate

Hi,

The first thing to do is contact Avid support in your area:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Click video on the left side of the page, then select your area from the drop-down menu (it's option 2 from the phone menu).  Contacting support for activation/dongle issues is free.  While you're waiting, you can run MC in trial mode, which is fully functional, and lasts for 30 days.

If you don't get anywhere with support, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

ciao,

Carl 

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller