Latest post Sun, Jan 25 2015 4:54 PM by NicolasArgentina2015. 47 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 25 2015 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Crashes when Importing Canon 5D Mark III footage

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that!

Yes, I suppose it has something to do with that. I got so many problems when I updated my OS with mac, only to realize you can't actually revert to the previous OS. I had to fix all the issues one by one, was so painful with deadlines approaching.

Anyway, I found a workaround that is convinient for now.

I convert the files with MPEG stream clip to DNxH 120msbs (over 100 files now) and it does so without any problems either, it is actually a quite nice and fast workflow too. Then I just import and it does this "fast import" in Avid and works great.

I am still a bit intrigued about the problem with importing directly, it seem to me that is something with AVID trying to transcode from H264 to DNxHD (or doing it to more than one file)

For some reason Avid crashes:

- With GH4 files (but not with the similar .Mov h264 Canon T5 files)

- When importing/transcoding more than one file at a time (and in some cases, also when I do 1 by 1)

- When importing/transcoding the h264 file (from the camera) but NOT if I previously transcoded it to DNxH

Anyway, I guess I leave it as a mystery for now.

Thanks so much to everyone for your patience and knowledge helping me out. This was my first time on the AVID forum and I must say I am very positively surprised for how helpful and supportive you all guys are.

Cheers!

Nico 

Avid MC 6.5.4.2 / Quicktime 10.3 / MacBook Pro / OSX 10.9.3 / Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB Ram 1600 Mhz DDR3 / Hardrive SSD 256GB / Camera: Panasonic... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 25 2015 3:46 PM In reply to

• kkordisch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,085

In my experience, 6.5.4.1, 6.5.4.2, 6.5.4.4 all have issues with h.264 import and transcoding. Roll back to 6.5.4 or try 6.5.4.5.

• Sun, Jan 25 2015 4:54 PM In reply to

I ll try that. Thanks a million Kevin

Avid MC 6.5.4.2 / Quicktime 10.3 / MacBook Pro / OSX 10.9.3 / Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB Ram 1600 Mhz DDR3 / Hardrive SSD 256GB / Camera: Panasonic... [view my complete system specs]
Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller