Latest post Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:15 AM by Greg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 27 2014 3:26 PM

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,244
    • Points 15,725
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Avid Marketplace - feature request

RE: Media Composer

The Avid Marketplace and its venders has been a welcome addition for the past few years. And as a result of its integration, users have the "vender" columns available in the bin display. We also have the ability to generate Stock Footage Reports from each sequence. For editors, the Marketplace is a useful tool. But for producers, it is no where on their radar.

So it begs the following question: Can the various "vender" headings become editable fields?

For all clips in a project's bin that were NOT obtained via the marketplace, these "vender" headings would still be a remarkable asset if they could be edited - mainly because of their linkage to the sequence-based feature of a Stock Footage Report. Especially here in the documentary world.

Example - I have six local museums who have archive photos we can use. (As small, locally-run organizations, they never have been - nor will ever be - part of the Avid Marketplace.) We went there and scanned the images. Thousands of them. Museum #2 will charge us $100 per image. Museum #5 will charge us $45 per image. Being able to generate our own, manually-crafted Stock Footage Reports would be an invaluable asset to the postproduction process.

Hmmm...

Or if there was a way for a user to populate a separate, project-based area of the Marketplace... ideas? Am I making sense?

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

• Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:15 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 3 2010
    • Cohan
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,440

Re: Avid Marketplace - feature request

I've been begging for Stock footage reports for years.  Pretty much the answer I have got in a run around way is.  If they let us edit those feilds and print that report.  What motivation do you have to use the prefered vendors in the Market Place.

ISIS 5500 4.7.3 client 4.7.3 System Directory Avid MC 8.3 Apple 12 core Mac Pro's/Apple 6 core Trash cans 25 plus matching systems [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller