Latest post Tue, Dec 2 2014 7:49 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 2 2014 5:11 AM

• dingo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Grinnell
    • Posts 325
    • Points 3,875

symphony 6 to symphony 8

I have 2 institutional symphony 6 dongles....what do I need to do to make them version 8 dongled symphonies.  Everything I have seen is for upgrading a symphony to a composer.  What's my options.

Gregg Grinnell

MC 7 on 2009 MacBook pro Symphony v8.6 on iMac i7 24gig ram tons of firewire single drives [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 2 2014 7:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 219,035
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: symphony 6 to symphony 8

Dingo1..... aka Gregg :) 

Easey Peasey.....

You would buy the Media Composer | Software Upgrade from Symphony for $299 per license which will net you:

You will receive a new Media Composer | Software perpetual 8.x license with the Symphony Option included, plus a one-year software upgrade & support plan.   This plan will provide each license with a full year of updates and new feature upgrades, plus a full year of Avid Standard Support:

- All available updates and upgrades for Media Composer | Software and Symphony Option
    - Unlimited billing and account help— response within one business day (Monday through Friday)
    - Unlimited online technical support— response within one business day (Monday through Friday)
    - Technical support by phone—1 call per month = total 12 in all

To continue receiving software updates/upgrades and standard support after the first year, you must renew your plan annually. If you do not, then the license will remain at the last version you owned prior to the plan lapsing.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller