Latest post Mon, Mar 14 2016 10:15 AM by David Clarke. 50 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 12 2016 2:37 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,567
    • Points 45,800
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Problems with AVCHD footage from a Panasonic GH4/GH2

I believe the GH4 records using variable length GOPs. This was causing problems with the previous versions of the AMA plugin. The latest plugin no longer supports variable length GOPs at all (you should get an error message if you try and link).

If there's an option in the GH4 to force fixed length GOPs, you should use that.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Mar 13 2016 5:43 PM In reply to

• 4movie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 11 2016
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Thanx to replay to all. All notes are well noted. I will try find recording in another compression on GH4, but at the moment I need to edit sources. Probabbly rewraping is the way for fast solving problem. Also i will install newest MC8.5, but this is only for sure:)

Regards.

Patrik

• Sun, Mar 13 2016 11:32 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Super has been known to install software which is at least suspicious if not actually malicious. Stay away from it and I'd also strongly suggest that no one promotes it here.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 12:18 AM In reply to

Sorry if this has been covered in this thread but does this

David Clarke:
    If I import the clips the old fasioned way, file - import, they import and transcode fine.
    still apply?  (From first post in this thread last year)
    If so why not just import them?  Takes around the same time as and the same space as the (AMA) Linking and transcoding.

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 8:30 AM In reply to

• 4movie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 11 2016
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Hi,

I try import old way, but Avid sent error: The file format of: " P10000234.MP4" is not supported for Import. :(

SHame.

I also try different models of recording, 50Mbit, 100 Mbit, 200 Mbit All Intra, 25p and 50p, nothig change. I foud one way make rewraping in Cineplay Soft, it is pretty fast, then is possible AMA link, but video lacking after audio, delay is bigger and bigger, not possible for good editing. At the momet, if Panasonic do not make new AMA plugin, is better change LUMIX for different model ( for me), or manufacturer:) because it is not workflow for daily shooting and raw edit.... Thanx a lot for interest and well noted tips and ideas.

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 10:15 AM In reply to

• David Clarke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 13 2010
    • Brighton, Sussex, UK
    • Posts 240
    • Points 3,270

I have not tried using AVCHD format in Avid for some time.  After I started the thread here it was clear there was a problem and no solution forth coming.  I have been filming in MOV with my GH4 for ages and not had a problem.  I will try AVCHD again but I suspect from what others have written in this thread it has got worse, not better.

Laptop - Haswell desktop processor, 16GB RAM, 970m NVidia graphic card. Desktop - 2011 pin Haswell-E processor, 16GB RAM, Thunderbolt, Blackmagic UltraStudio... [view my complete system specs]
Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller