Latest post Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:21 PM by recess. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:21 PM

• recess
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Glasgow, Scotland
    • Posts 29
    • Points 375

Group clips - swapping audio tracks

Group clips are amazing, unless you want A1 from Cam1 and A1 from Cam2 as A1/A2 in your final group clip. 

What follows is my current workflow. Surely there's a better way? Any advice greatly welcomed. 

1)      Find your two clips – John CamA1 and John CamB1

2)      Group them together, or go to the same timecode on each clip

3)      Edit the clip(s) onto the timeline so you have audio 1 from one clip and audio 1 from the other clips as A1 and A2 – no other tracks

4)      Go to the bin, right click on the sequence, and choose ‘AUTOSYNC’. This creates a new audio clip.

5)      Select John CamA1, John CamB1 and this new clip (which will be above the other two) and now group the clips.

Doing that gives you a group clip with A1 and A2 as you want it to be, and 3-8 arranged as normal. But it's rather laborious! 

In case you're wondering, this all stems from occasions where people are filming two cameras, and decide to put contributor 1 into channel 1 of Cam 1 and controibutor 2 into channel 1 of Cam 2. When standard grouping is done, there's no way to select A1 as A1 from Cam 1 and A2 from A1 of Cam 2. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

John

I work in someone else's nest, so it's always different. [view my complete system specs]

Success is merely a failure to imagine more...

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller