Latest post Mon, Aug 10 2015 11:18 PM by Juris Eksts. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:34 PM

What's up with Motion Effects Editor?

Hi,

Regarding a previous project and wanting to reverse clips, my thread on this forum was resolved and this then helped me to speed up other clips (http://community.avid.com/forums/p/133336/760419.aspx#760419).  However, now on a new project, and parking on a clip with a green dot on it, when going to Tools > Motion Effects Editor, there's no "Promote" button, and therefore I can't get to alter the clip's speed.

Please advise,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:35 PM In reply to

Re: What's up with Motion Effects Editor?

What format/frame rate are the clips, and what format/frame rate is your project?  What version of MC are you using?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:37 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,338
    • Points 40,375

The green dot does not mean that a clip explicitly has a time warp (motion adapter).  It could mean that there is a Frame Flex or Color Adapter.

Try adding a time warp effect from the effects tools.

FYI, in 8.4 the green dot goes away and individual icons show up for adapters that Avid has added to any clip. Definitely a good thing.

Good luck,

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Mon, Aug 3 2015 9:14 AM In reply to

Hi, in this instance I have resized and CC'd the clip first, if that makes any difference. As a workaround, I have now put the original clip into the Source Monitor and and adjusted the speed, and intend to make all resize and CC changes later. That's fine. But for now, now with the speed-adjusted clip to work with, can I messa around with varying rates, etc.?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 3 2015 1:22 PM In reply to

You found part of the correct solution  -  that any motion effect has to be at the bottom of any stack of effects.

Instead of putting the clip into the source monitor, you could step into the effects till you reach the bottom, apply  the motion effect, then step out and you've still got the effects applied.

• Mon, Aug 3 2015 3:19 PM In reply to

Fantastic, thank you.  I'll let you know how I get on Smile

• Mon, Aug 10 2015 5:24 PM In reply to

Hi, it's been a while, and I had to leave aside that idea for the moment, although Now I want to get back to it.  May I ask, can I step into a clip with lots of fx, and at the bottom of the stack now introduce a motion adaptor?  Can you point me to a tutorial?

Thank you,

DC

• Mon, Aug 10 2015 11:18 PM In reply to

No idea about tutorials, but just, as you say, step in, do a motion effect, then step back out. Depending on what effect you've added, you may need to extend or shorten the clip. (And probably render the effect)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller