Latest post Thu, Feb 25 2016 12:31 AM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 25 2016 12:19 AM

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

8.5 bug - cannot import multiple JPGs...

I often have projects where I import multiple JPEGs (PowerPoint slides output as images). 

Before 8.5, I would simply select all the files in a Windows Explorer window and drag them across to my bin, or Import them (right-clicking on bin and choosing import, open the folder and select all the slides I wanted and import them).

MC would then convert them to short video clips upon import.

Not any more with 8.5..!

On a few tries, I deleted the media out of the bin and tried copying them one at a time. That's when the real fun begins.

In my folder I have 30 slides. If I drag Slide30.jpg across, it creates TWO clips:- Slide1.JPG which contains ALL the slides, is 1:05 long, and on playback, whizzes through all the slides (it takes about two seconds, NOT the 1:05 indicated).

The Slide30.JPG clip comes in normally, and is 30 seconds long. It plays ok.

THEN if I drag in another slide, Slide29.JPG, it creates ANOTHER Slide1.JPG clip exactly as above, but this time the Slide29.JPG clip is only 2 seconds long and appears to contain TWO slides..!

It's a right old pickle!

Can someone fix this up as a matter of urgency?

MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Feb 25 2016 12:31 AM In reply to

Re: 8.5 bug - cannot import multiple JPGs...

First off I would go to your import options and uncheck Auto Detect Sequencial files.

FWIW I have no trouble importing multiple jpg's with MC 8.5 on a W7 SP1 computer (worked just now with 9 x jpg's selected with names x 1a, x 1b, x 1c, x 2a, x 2b, x 2c, x 3a, x 3b, and x 3c where x is client name)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller