Latest post Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:40 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:28 PM

Avid 8, Exception: error!. . ..how do I resolve this issue?

I get this error every now and then, and starting about half hour ago. . It's been happening more frequently.

The error is; Exception: DIDReader:: XraisedUnexpectedStreamStatus async timeout error.

I've read that it has to do with either stoping an anti-virus software on one's computer or needing a 2nd monitor?

Any thoughts or tips will be much appreciated!. . .

I need to resolve this asap!. . .because I'm working on-set as a D.I.T./Assistant Editor, and this error code stops me from working properly and slows down my workflow.

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,227
    • Points 218,330
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid 8, Exception: error!. . ..how do I resolve this issue?

2 things usually cause this....

1.  caused by the anti-virus software running on your system.  Disable/uninstall the anti-virus software and the error should go away when playing back.

or....

2.  caused by corrupt render files.  In this case you will want to find the part of the sequence that causes this error and rerender the effects.   

So basically - do you have anti-virus software running?  Turn it off and see if it goes away.

If you dont have that - then does the error occur at the same time in the timeline?  Then you have a corrupt sequence.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller