Latest post Fri, May 27 2016 4:35 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 27 2016 3:47 PM

• Don
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 24 2007
    • Columbia, MD
    • Posts 106
    • Points 1,340

ADM Audio Underrun and Waveforms acting crazy

On one of my edit systems I'm getting ADM underruns like crazy.  I restart and that seems to take care of it for a bit.  But they eventually come back.  I noticed that some audio files that I'm importing are also acting a bit odd.

I'm importing music.  Either mp4 or wav, not linking importing and when I choose mono the files show waveforms.  But if I choose stereo there's either no waveforms or just one side of the stereo pair.  Now this is working on an iMac with 32GB of ram.   When I import that same music file into my other edit system, which is a MAc Pro trash can the files are fine.  

Anyone ever have this issue?  I'm running 8.5.0.  on both systems.  OS X 10.10.5   

Don

iMac 3.5ghz i7 Core. 32GB Ram. MC 8.5.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 27 2016 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: ADM Audio Underrun and Waveforms acting crazy

What kind of drives are you using? Not that they would be too slow for audio, but looking at the differences between the two systems.

Exact same OS?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller