Latest post Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:05 PM by RalphC. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 11 2016 11:48 PM

UPDATING DONGLE

Hi,  I'm trying to update my Dongle, but when I click through the Applciation Manager, and click on Licensing, per the instructions that came when downloaded the Updater.avd....it says none of my products can be licensed via Application Manager.  Uh, I've had MC for years.  Am trying to get v7 to recognize my Dongle now that the trial has expired.  I don't want to upgrade to 8.6 yet.  Got one more project to do before I give up Script Sync, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.  Tried calling, but it was after hours, so if no one can help tonight, perhaps someone on the phone will be able to tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul 

P.S.  On a MacPro 3.1  running Yosemite.  I have a Perpetual license.

How hard is that?

• Tue, Jul 12 2016 2:34 AM In reply to

Re: UPDATING DONGLE

aphollywood:
    Am trying to get v7 to recognize my Dongle now that the trial has expired.
    Do you have a current Support contract for your perpetual licence?
    You can check this by opening Your Avid "My Account".  Scroll down to "My Products" and select "My Products and Subscriptions".  This will open a new page. Scroll down to your "Media Composer | Software"  "Perpetual Product" Scroll right to the Time Period and check the " to - Date"

If this is current then contact Marianna or RalphC via email (addresses in their profiles) with your My Avid Account details.

(attached jpeg shows what you are looking for)

• Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,840
    • Points 20,340
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

AndrewAction:
    If this is current then contact Marianna or RalphC via email (addresses in their profiles) with your My Avid Account details.

Thanks Andrew Yes

@Paul pm me with the details systems ID and Avid master account email address.I will help you sort the issue.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 12 2016 10:22 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph,

Was able to solve the problem with phone support today.  Thank you!!  Thanks to Avid!

Am up and running!

Cheers,

Paul

How hard is that?

• Fri, Jul 15 2016 2:05 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,840
    • Points 20,340
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

aphollywood:

Hi Ralph,

Was able to solve the problem with phone support today.  Thank you!!  Thanks to Avid!

Am up and running!

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Paul Yes

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller